Incorrect Sunrise and Sunset

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi, I take care of Blue Iris systems at 2 of my daughters homes. Both systems are in the Eastern time zone but show Sunrise at 8:50am and Sunset at 6:09pm in the log file. Every day the times are the same, no gain or decrease in time. Both systems have correct time zones set in both the router and BI servers.
My system, also in the Eastern time zone is correct. The only difference between the systems is the router, I have a Ubiquiti USG3 and my daughter's have Verizon on one and Asus on the other.

Daughter 1
Christna Log.JPG

Daughter 2
Kim Log.JPG

My log
My Log.JPG

All systems are 5.8.2.2.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I take care of Blue Iris systems at 2 of my daughters homes. Both systems are in the Eastern time zone but show Sunrise at 8:50am and Sunset at 6:09pm in the log file. Every day the times are the same, no gain or decrease in time. Both systems have correct time zones set in both the router and BI servers.
My system, also in the Eastern time zone is correct. The only difference between the systems is the router, I have a Ubiquiti USG3 and my daughter's have Verizon on one and Asus on the other.

Daughter 1
View attachment 180175

Daughter 2
View attachment 180176

My log
View attachment 180177

All systems are 5.8.2.2.
The router is irrelevant. Have you set the proper longitude and latitude in the BI schedule tab? Sunrise and sunset are not dependent on time zones, BI uses your coordinates. You can be in the same time zone and have very different sunrise and sunset times.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have not made any changes to the schedule tab in any of the systems, they are all default, not using the schedule. I don't notice any problems with any on the systems it just seems weird that they are different.
That still does not explain why the times stay the same every day, normally there would be a minute or so change every few days.
Thanks for the suggestion.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have not made any changes to the schedule tab in any of the systems, they are all default, not using the schedule. I don't notice any problems with any on the systems it just seems weird that they are different.
That still does not explain why the times stay the same every day, normally there would be a minute or so change every few days.
Thanks for the suggestion.
It is possible that if the schedule is never enabled then bi just keeps a default time every day as a placeholder. You may have played with the schedule and enabled it on your system and therefore it updates the times. Since you dont use the schedule this is a non issue. I bet if you enabled the schedule on one of the other systems you would see it working properly.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I went into all three systems to look at the schedule tab. All were set as default and while mine was populated with the correct longitude and latitude the other 2 were way out of wack but the same. Both set to Kansas. All 3 are in NJ within 8-10 miles apart.
Tomorrow I'll find the correct setting and see what happens. This is weird as those setting have never been changed in the 5 or 6 years they have been up and running.
Thanks again for the help @fenderman.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I went into all three systems to look at the schedule tab. All were set as default and while mine was populated with the correct longitude and latitude the other 2 were way out of wack but the same. Both set to Kansas. All 3 are in NJ within 8-10 miles apart.
Tomorrow I'll find the correct setting and see what happens. This is weird as those setting have never been changed in the 5 or 6 years they have been up and running.
Thanks again for the help @fenderman.
The default numbers are 39.809734 -98.55562 which is KS....