In today's effed up news headlines....

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I normally try to avoid these threads because there are always strong views and feelings on the topic at hand.

Having said this, the Dutch thread is something that always makes me take pause. If the article is to be believed and accurate they are saying the woman has mental illness.

As such I sure hope (The System) has the proper safeguards in place to affirm this decision is made with a sound mind.

At the end of the day if a reasonable person wants to end their life - alright.

My views are if I had just 24 hours with this woman I’m sure they would reconsider their decision.

You take someone to a war torn country that is actively under fire. Let them sit in a fox hole while bullets, bombs, and missiles scream by.

I can assure you the instinct to survive and persevere would kick in. If not, it’s simply fate and their own destiny to die and be forgotten into the abis! ‍♂

Conversely, if she survived that experience I would fly her to a destination where all the human senses would explode in all its beauty.

Seeing both a magnificent sunrise to the brightest full moon. To listening to all nature has to offer in terms of flowers, plants, animals, and cool breeze over the ocean.

Having experienced both extremes would offer insight and reset almost anyone.

Ultimately, people today are truly weak and have a moral compass and character of a sour potato!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I normally try to avoid these threads because there are always strong views and feelings on the topic at hand.

Having said this, the Dutch thread is something that always makes me take pause. If the article is to be believed and accurate they are saying the woman has mental illness.

As such I sure hope (The System) has the proper safeguards in place to affirm this decision is made with a sound mind.

At the end of the day if a reasonable person wants to end their life - alright.

My views are if I had just 24 hours with this woman I’m sure they would reconsider their decision.

You take someone to a war torn country that is actively under fire. Let them sit in a fox hole while bullets, bombs, and missiles scream by.

I can assure you the instinct to survive and persevere would kick in. If not, it’s simply fate and their own destiny to die and be forgotten into the abis! ‍♂

Conversely, if she survived that experience I would fly her to a destination where all the human senses would explode in all its beauty.

Seeing both a magnificent sunrise to the brightest full moon. To listening to all nature has to offer in terms of flowers, plants, animals, and cool breeze over the ocean.

Having experienced both extremes would offer insight and reset almost anyone.

Ultimately, people today are truly weak and have a moral compass and character of a sour potato!

I can assure you the instinct to survive and persevere would kick in. If not, it’s simply fate and their own destiny to die and be forgotten into the abis!

Yes at that moment, yet iirc Soldiers have a high rate of suicide after combat ..

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score

I can assure you the instinct to survive and persevere would kick in. If not, it’s simply fate and their own destiny to die and be forgotten into the abis!

Yes at that moment, yet iirc Soldiers have a high rate of suicide after combat ..
It’s a combination of what used to be called shell shock. Now it’s called P or other acronym. ‍♂

Theres a huge difference between taking fire vs seeing your Buddy blown apart or having their brains splattered from a 50 cal.

That’s why the military tries their hardest to brain wash the person, desensitize, and put them under real world pressure so they react as expected or better.

Nobody will ever truly know how they will react until they hear a AK47 round wizzing past your ear.

Nor will they know how they will react seeing a leg fly into their lap!

Taking a round to the chest or being lit on fire from white phosphorus is easily understood as to why someone would want to end it all.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
After careful consideration I have concluded that war sucks. It's usually a bunch of deranged mentally ill egotists somehow being able to force or convince masses of otherwise peaceful people to hate and kill the otherwise peaceful people on the other side. The only winners are bankers, defense contractors, and the rich and powerful who don't have to put themselves at risk.