IMOU LIFE APP NO DOORBELL CALL PLAYBACK ON DB11

bigverne28

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I had my Dahua DB11 doorbell professionally installed 14 months ago along with 3 Dahua cameras. The IMOU Life app had been working okay, although it lagged a bit from doorbell ringing to answering in the app, but recently stopped playback. The engineer that installed it believes the app is the issue as the doorbell notifications no longer ring aloud on my phone when the doorbell is pressed (volume is up and not on silent) and you cannot playback doorbell call notifications as you get an error. Only live footage can be recorded and played back via the saved local files.

Technical support at IMOU have advised to delete the app and doorbell device and reinstall. I’ve done this and the issue is still there. In addition a new SD card
has been installed but has not solved the problem.

I also sent technical support a video clip which shows what’s happens when the doorbell is pressed and you playback footage. The app has definitely changed in look and name since I first installed a year ago, but whatever software updates have been done recently it’s making the app not work properly.

See Pic 1 of doorbell call which shows the first frame but when you click on the notification you get playback error message and still has an error when you refresh as shown in Pic 2. In Pic 3 the live recordings I’ve done show as stored on local files and plays back with no errors. The latest software is installed V1.000.20200525 and my internet connection is good and has a booster.

Is anyone else having issues with the IMOU app? The DB11 doorbell is working perfectly. It’s the app that’s not fully functioning. If anyone can help or advise what the problem could be it would be much appreciated. Otherwise I may need to buy a ring doorbell instead!

Attachments