Imou DB61i - is it Dahua? Does it support ONVIF?

randy66

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I ran across this WiFi doorbell camera. Some online searching has “Dahua” showing up as the manufacturer, but I can’t find anything concrete. Does anyone have details about this camera?

Is there a version of this camera (white body with round button) available without the branding (“IMOU”) on the front (or an easy way to remove the branding)?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't have that DB but do have 2 Reolinks which is the ONLY Reolink model I'd recommend. @AusSpark has his Reolink doorbell using ONVIF with his Dahua NVR, mine stream to Blue Iris VMS.

They have a POE version and a Wi-Fi version but neither are white.

There is a Lorex DB that is white but I don't know if it supports ONVIF.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

bel12

n3wb
Reaction score
It does, but like many imou products (formerly Lechange ) you can only get the RTSP streams. Don't expect it to send detection events etc.. Not sure about doorbell calls yet.

randy66

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It does, but like many imou products (formerly Lechange ) you can only get the RTSP streams. Don't expect it to send detection events etc.. Not sure about doorbell calls yet.
Thanks—would be great for folks to update here if they get any more info.

bel12

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks—would be great for folks to update here if they get any more info.
Ok so here is an update, I have now tested 4 models of imou DB61i, IPC-A22E-B (Ranger), Knight 4K, Cue 2.
All 4 work very nice giving not only RTSP links via ONVIF, but also their events are broadcasted to the local network.

That said, I have only managed to get "event" of movment being 'true'/'false' - hence the camera's (great) AI detection is not being shared.

I apologize for misleading erlier, and I will keep posting if I somehow manage to get the AI events as well.

That said, one can obviostly use the ONVIF motion detection to reduce the workload from BI, and have it trigger the server's AI just upon ONVIF motion detection.

randy66

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That said, one can obviostly use the ONVIF motion detection to reduce the workload from BI, and have it trigger the server's AI just upon ONVIF motion detection.
Thanks for letting us know! Keep us posted!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes .. imou and Lechange Dahua oem brands .. iirc the lmou was a brand direct to consumer .. and thus some issues were reported getting a clean rtsp feeds and other functionality on some cloud models ..

adaswrr

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok so here is an update, I have now tested 4 models of imou DB61i, IPC-A22E-B (Ranger), Knight 4K, Cue 2.
All 4 work very nice giving not only RTSP links via ONVIF, but also their events are broadcasted to the local network.

That said, I have only managed to get "event" of movment being 'true'/'false' - hence the camera's (great) AI detection is not being shared.

I apologize for misleading erlier, and I will keep posting if I somehow manage to get the AI events as well.

Hey. I'm new to home assistant and that kind of staff. I manage to get live stream from db61 via some ha custom component, but it only work one day. I've heard about some limitation and with onvif its possible to bypass this. But now I stuck on setting this up and my question is where did you get login and password? Nothing seems to be working for me...

Jim_OS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Since I put an Imou DB61i into operation a few days ago. :) With Onvif, the username is admin and the password is the "Security Code" on the sticker on the side of the DB61i under the QR code. DH-DB6I Doorbell warning, DO NOT UPGRADE FIRMWARE!

Under HA I currently use the Dahua add-on. Even though this is no longer really supported by rroller, it works very well with the Imou DB61i. But Onvif would also work. I've already tested that here too.

Last edited:

randy66

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Since I put an Imou DB61i into operation a few days ago.
Thanks! Couple questions:
  • Are you able to get a reliable stream (eg, for 24/7 video recording to an NVR)?
  • Does it say Imou (or other brand/logo) on the front? If so, is it possible to take it off?

Jim_OS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
First of all: The most important thing with a WiFi video doorbell is of course that there is a good WiFi signal outside the front door. I use an Asus XT8 Mesh system here in the house and one of its mesh clients is on the ground floor in the hallway and only about 5 meters from the front door. This means I also have a good WiFi signal outside the front door.

I have used an Amcrest AD110 video doorbell for about 2 years so far. I actually wanted to replace this with an Amcrest AD410, which is identical to the Imou DB61i, but you can't buy the Amcrest AD410 in Germany and it's hard to get anymore anyway.

To your questions:
1. I also use a Dahua NVR here, but I don't use it to record 24/7. I use IVS from Dahua and the DB61i is fully supported by the Dahua NVR. This means that the person detection of the DB61i is then also available on the NVR under KI --> IVS.

Imou DB61i with Dahua NVR2108-I
DB61i_NVR_KI_via_camera.jpg

Because I don't make 24/7 continuous recordings, I can't say 100% whether the DB61i actually delivers an error free live stream 24/7, but since I have also integrated the DB61i into Home Assistant and use it there, I would recognize it there in case the DB61i is not available. That's not the case. With my Asus Mesh system I would also see in the log if the DB61i lost the WiFi connection. That is not the case either. --> For me and here, the DB61i runs absolutely stable and delivers a stable live stream. I use the Imou DB61i with the following applications/apps:
  • Dahua NVR
  • Home Assistant with Dahua Addon and/or Onvif Integration
  • Synology surveillance station
  • tinyCam Monitor App
  • Dahua SmartPSS
  • Dahua DMSS

2. You mean whether the name Imou is written on the camera body. Yes of course, as is usual with all manufacturers.
Imou_DB61i.png
I can't tell you whether or how easily it can be removed because it doesn't bother me and therefore doesn't interest me.
In addition to the name on the camera body, there is also a permanent display of the Imou logo in the live image bottom right, but this can easily be permanently removed using an API command.
Code:
http://admin:password@IP-address/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoWidget[0].PictureTitle.EncodeBlend=false
One last note: I also tested the Reolink Doorbell Wifi here, but stable operation was absolutely not possible with it. I had the same problem with it as many other users have: The Reolink Doorbell Wifi always and regularly lost the Wifi connection (timeout) when accessing it, even if you simply made settings in the WebGUI of the Reolink Doorbell Wifi.
Reolink_Doorbell_Wifi_Error.png
I didn't have these problems with my old Amcrest AD110 and I don't have them with the Imou DB61i either, so the problem is not with my WLAN, but with the Reolink Doorbell Wifi itself.

Last edited: