I'm out of touch! Is IPC-Color4K-X- 3.6 and 2.8mm still the "good" stuff from Andy?

JesseSR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm out of touch and not been here in awhile! Is the IPC-Color4K-X- 3.6mm and 2.8mm still the "good" stuff from Andy these days? and if so, where can I buy them?

I have (QTY-1) 2.8mm and (QTY-1) 3.6mm IPC-Color4K-X cameras that are suddenly dead, I think from a POE surge or something bad, cause my switch died too (relating to POE specifically). So I need (2) new cameras, preferably a 2.8mm and 3.6mm full color again. They worked pretty good for me in the past, does Andy still sell those AND/OR should I consider something else/better if there's anything? I use these cameras o see cars or people (one cam had IVS that covered cars, and the other cam covered IVS for people) that were approach and coming up my driveway and alert me via relays in the Dahua NVR.

@wittaj Hello :) My stuff has been working really well the last 2 years! (until this snafu)

- J

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Great to see you back!

Sorry to hear you had a power surge blow them out.

Yep that is still the good stuff. There is a turret version now, but in your case I would stay with the 4K/X.

The 5442 series has had some great improvements as well, but we know how well the 4K/X worked for you so I would still stay with those.

Andy has a sale next week and you can buy from his Amazon, website, or direct.

JesseSR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Awesome thanks. I ordered them already with those handy links. Glad to know those models are still relevant. I've been really happy overall with my cameras, some false positives from deer on rare occasion but, that's not horrible. Otherwise they've been great! Hope all is well.! (Yeah, I couldn't wait another week for the sale, I have no patience! ha)

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think from a POE surge or something bad,
I use one of these Tupavco ethernet surge suppressors on every external camera line. Unlike some similar looking suppressors, these are gas discharge tube units. They won't help with a direct strike, but something smaller they can limit damage.
Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 18.02.24.png

Also, POE switches here are all on CyberPower CP1000PFCLCD sine wave UPS units. That helps with issues coming in from the power line side.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.