If anyone is using the new TP-Link Tapo C125 can you please post a review

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, I just noticed that TP-Link has a new camera, the C125 2K and this looks exactly what I'm looking fall, small profile with wide angle (for indoor use), however I can only see it available in the US at BestBuy. I am curious if this is some rebrand of a dahua internal because generally these types of cameras are mostly put out for cloud consumption model (like Wyze) but this has a bunch of features like a standard IP camera (specsheet), While TP-Link isn't the first manufacturer I think of making IP security cameras, this looks like it will fit my need perfectly. The Wyze cams I have are working OK, but the audio is total $hit from the RTSP feed, and I think it's a problem with the low grade mic/speaker used.

Stuff like up to 30fps, and Protocol: TCP/IP, DHCP, ARP, ICMP, DNS, NTP, HTTP, HTTPS, UDP, ONVIF, RTSP makes me think it's an OEM rebrand of some sort. Would love to see some shots, video, and how many streams it supports. The C110 2K only supports 2 streams, too bad.

Thanks in advance

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The C110 2K only supports 2 streams, too bad.
Considering it's a $22 camera I'd say 2 streams, a main and a sub stream, is pretty good.

I used it's little 3MP/2K brother, the Tapo C-110, back in Nov. '22. It was from amazon at the time. It streams to my Blue Iris and to VLC using RTSP and it does NOT require the cloud to do so. It is initially set up with an app on a smartphone.

The instructions for RTSP streaming that also include the C-125 can be found here.

What country are you in? I don't recognize "CAD".

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Heh, it's supposed to be CA? Canada? oh well..
Thanks for the reply, I picked one of these up as I have a friend across the border, so far I'm pretty happy with it, however the claim of 30FPS is invalid, it doesn't do more than 15fps - even though in the app you can select 15/20/25/30, the stream is locked to 15.
What I meant by streams was my mistake, I meant to say simultaneous viewers of the stream - on the C110, once there were 2 viewers, a 3rd trying to view the RTSP stream would result in an error.
Seems not to be the case with the C125 though, so I'm happy about that. Thanks for the links, I already had that info but good to have it referenced nonetheless.
The 140 degree field of vision is what sold me on the C125, and RTSP/ONVIF support out of the box.