iDS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZHSY - Workarounds for getting motorcyle plates/events anyone?

Jackson67

n3wb
Reaction score
I am having a good experience with the iDS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZHSY camear and vehicle capture but finding motorcyle events does take a while looking through the pic history or scrollng the playback video. I can see the metadata flying off the motorcyle plates as the green box surrounds them and i'd be happy with a no plate read as long as it was an event . Getting them to appear in the 'real time analyze' column on the smart display would be a big bonus but i realise the algorythm here captures vechicles and is not for motorcyles, it does auto catch the odd bike that is wide or with storage paniers on it occasionally but thats it. I wondered if there was anything else to learn in case there was a hack or any 3rd party firmware around ? Clearly I could buy the latest HIK anpr cam but for now that's not an option. :)

Sean

Jackson67

n3wb
Reaction score
Last sentence threw me off!
lol, yep a good little bundle of notes would solve my issue.

Anyway it seems like the HIK iDS-TCM203-A could be the go to for what i need, I cannot get a price or even a straight answer on their availability from who i've asked so far, its got a 2MP lens instead of the pricier 4MP version, It's been around a few years I think.
Anyone on here got experience with it and want to share?

Last edited:

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have worked with several, absolute beast of a camera.

Only thing which i don't like is discontinuation of firmware releases. Which serie 7 camera will still keep receiving.