Ideas for new project

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a new project and want to get some ideas on how to proceed. I have access to dedicated metal square camera poles that are going to be 15 feet high. I am personally buying the equipment for this project from @milkisbad 's company.

This will be for a memorial that is about 60 feet wide. The poles will be straight across from each other for aesthetic reasons, one on each side of the circle shaped memorial. I would like to cover as much as possible but still get a good face shot.

The center of the exhibit is 36 feet from the pole. I would like to get my idea is to maybe put two bullet cameras on one pole, one pointing to the south that is a wide angle and one zoomed in with maybe a 8mm or 12mm lens towards the area of the memorial. The other pole will have one facing to the north and have a wide angle also and the other camera facing towards the rear side of the memorial with a zoomed in lens.

Other option is to put a bullet camera fixed on the memorial on both poles and get two ptz cameras , one for each pole.

So on top would be a bullet camera and below that would be a ptz on both poles.

What do you think? I don't know how much light there will be yet unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Second question and this may be something @nayr can answer.

I am running burying conduit to the 2 poles from a central located building. I am leaning towards 1 to 1.5 inch pvc conduit for it. I measured it out and its about 200 feet from the building for one of the poles. I may go to one of the poles and then go from that pole to another pole so I don't have to run two conduit sections but it may be easier for two sections in the long run to diagnose problems.

Is there a difference between non gel filled direct burial cable or gel filled? Any brands or manufacturers to stick with?

Last edited by a moderator: