I know we hate firmware updates but my hikvision speed dome has lost it's substreams and is wonky on the pzt controls

Reaction score
it's a DS-2DF8C842IXS-AELW that I got through B&H with a firmware of V5.5.801 build 210628
sometimes the pzt lags or drops altogether but about a month ago it lost the substreams and deleting the camera from bi and changing the ip than readding it still did not work.

does the latest update improve the AI? mine has ADHD

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Probably more of a problem with BI communicating with it then it is with the camera. Does it act wonky when you control it directly from the camera UI?

Reaction score
Probably more of a problem with BI communicating with it then it is with the camera. Does it act wonky when you control it directly from the camera UI?
yes it does, sometimes it lags sometimes it responds and other times no response at all.
sometimes when it is tracking a car it will suddenly spot a bird or moth 300 yards away and focus on it

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hmm, definitely not 'normal'. I have similar issues once in a while but my PTZ's are junk, cheap, ebay special Chinese cams that I use for overview and I just put up with it and consider it part of using super cheap PTZ.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is the lag in BI? Is the camera going thru a router?

Sometimes autotracking will lock onto something else and do that. Making sure you are not running on default/auto settings is the best way to mitigate that.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
AI needs to be properly "tuned" for your field of view, it takes time to perfect it by trial and error.
Reset the camera back to factory defaults and see if that brings back the substreams.
Set the cam backup from scratch, don't import any settings.

Reaction score
I set up BI with a new license on the new pc and the only camera I have on it is that speed dome and it still has no sub frames. it would be really nice if hivision listed what the updates corrected or improved

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Are the substreams really not there or is it an interface issue? Can you view the substream from the cam's live view using the selector at the bottom of the frame? Is there a pull-down to select the substream at the top of Configuration>Video/Audio>Video?

Reaction score
Are the substreams really not there or is it an interface issue? Can you view the substream from the cam's live view using the selector at the bottom of the frame? Is there a pull-down to select the substream at the top of Configuration>Video/Audio>Video?
sub streams are greyed out on the bottom and when I tried to change it I get this "Not enough decoding resource. Please download the local server plug-in and try again."