I have created a way to use TP-Link Kasa lights for motion detection lighting through Blue Iris

rdxny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good Info... I'm not using Timers or schedules, so I wouldn't have noticed. Thanks...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This has me thinking and I am sure someone on here can figure it out.

I use a Kasa light switch, but hate that it needs internet, so it is not connected to the internet until one of the issues in the FAQ I linked happens and I connect it briefly to re-establish and then pull the plug again.

Can anyone figure out the API that we could tie with profile changes in BI to have the lights come on during the night profile and thus not need internet at all for Kasa as it would all be generated from BI instead.

And even better is how to do it with the dimmer portion. I have my outside lights on at a lower % when it gets dark out and every couple hours increases so that they are on full in middle of the night but not during hours people are going or coming from work so that the brightness is not too obnoxious LOL.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This has me thinking and I am sure someone on here can figure it out.

I use a Kasa light switch, but hate that it needs internet, so it is not connected to the internet until one of the issues in the FAQ I linked happens and I connect it briefly to re-establish and then pull the plug again.

Can anyone figure out the API that we could tie with profile changes in BI to have the lights come on during the night profile and thus not need internet at all for Kasa as it would all be generated from BI instead.

And even better is how to do it with the dimmer portion. I have my outside lights on at a lower % when it gets dark out and every couple hours increases so that they are on full in middle of the night but not during hours people are going or coming from work so that the brightness is not too obnoxious LOL.
Consider Shelly Wi-Fi switches, outlets, bulbs, etc. ....no hub, no cloud needed, interfaces with BI using HTTP or MQTT, inputs and outputs. If desired, Shelly devices can be cloud-enabled to control things inside your house from outside your LAN but it is NOT required to control within your LAN....IOW, Shelly <=> BI, no problem without Internet or cloud.