HVR Shutting Down Randomly

mstuarrk

n3wb
Reaction score
My HVR has been shutting down and attempting to reboot randomly. It works well for several hours at a time before it shuts down and tires to reboot (unsuccessfully) for countless cycles on end until it finally cycles back on successfully and operates for another day before doing it all over again.

It is an 8 channel (off brand; low end) HVR and I have 4 analog cams and 3 IP cams attached to it. One of the IP cams is a 1080 and he other 2 are 720. When the unit is working it works well and all controls functions as well as PTZ. Any suggestions other than buying another unit?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My HVR has been shutting down and attempting to reboot randomly. It works well for several hours at a time before it shuts down and tires to reboot (unsuccessfully) for countless cycles on end until it finally cycles back on successfully and operates for another day before doing it all over again.

It is an 8 channel (off brand; low end) HVR and I have 4 analog cams and 3 IP cams attached to it. One of the IP cams is a 1080 and he other 2 are 720. When the unit is working it works well and all controls functions as well as PTZ. Any suggestions other than buying another unit?
Check the hard drive, power supply and see if there is a firmware update. Thats about all you can do..