HuiSun PTZ 4X problem: "Administrator" becomes "Operator"

Nregan

n3wb
Reaction score
March 17, 2016 Thursday
I have just received a new HuiSun mini-PTZ 4X.
If I change the admin password, it also changes the account type from "Administrator" to "Operator"
When this happened, I was able to reset the password and account type to "admin" and "Administrator", using Hikvision SADP.
But I cannot change either the admin password, or the Administrator username, without also changing to "Operator".
And, any accounts that I can add are not allowed to be "Administrator", just "Operator" or "User"

I have 2 other HuiSun PTZ. This does not happen on either of them.
The 2 others that I have are both the 10X version, one the 2015 version, the other the newest 2016 version.

I have included a screen shot showing the version info for the faulty 4X, and a working 10X
The only difference I see is in the "Control Version" for each camera.
The "Plugin", "Program", and "Web Page" versions are the same.

I have read everything (I think) on this forum about the HuiSun cameras.
I see that this issue has happened to others, with no resolution to the problem.
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/9174-Reset-Huisun

I have asked Monica today if she knows or can find any solution, but have not heard back yet.

Obviously, you may not want to leave a camera with default username and password.

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or answers.

Screenshot from Working 10X and Faulty 4X Cameras

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Monica's awake now ... :) She just asked me to send her the camera version information

I hope their engineer is looking into.

Bill

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On my 10x, the only way I could change the password was through the camera's UI. SADP would not allow me to change it but it would allow me to change IP.
Just looked at my 4x and it does not allow me to change the admin's level.