Huisan PTZ Camera Ghosting Double Images

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi, I am doing some License Plate capturing and using these settings below for Huisan PTZ 10x camera...

Set the Image / Exposure settings to Shutter Priority, Shutter 1/425, Exposure Bias On: Comp Level 50, Cain Limit 50.
Image / Focus to Manual, Min Focus Distance to INFINITE.
Manual focus the camera to the the general distance of where license plates will be.

I am getting a pretty good image of plates at close to 100 feet using camera IR and I also have an IR flood, but it is pointed about 45 degrees away from plate pickup point. I seem to have a ghosting effect that I would like to fix if I can. The fps are 20 and set to 1920x1080. System seems Ok handling this. I did notice with the settings above, my bit-rate fluctuated quite a bit, but it seems OK now considering the view is dark until a plate crosses the screen. Anyway, here is an image of what I am asking about.
image.jpg
You can notice the image has a weak double exposure. This is also a moving vehicle going maybe 20-25mph when taken.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
This is nothing you can fix in camera settings. It is light bouncing around in the camera optics, I'm fairly certain. A.k.a. lens flare.

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It almost reminds me of a slow shutter speed. The camera is open shutter in increments and it starts taking in digital information just before fully open. Sort of like when you have a slow exposure and the subject moves while shutter open.

I ran a test and this is strange. The ghost is trailing the image in both directions. Like a stutter

test.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you increase the shutter speed does it go away? Do you have any noise reduction settings on that camera? try lowering them..

I noticed my LPR camera started to flare up alot and it ended up being the lens got dirty; think the neighbors mowing company might of blown a bunch of grass at it.. it didnt cause ghosting but it was making reflections flare all over.