How to view and/or change camera IP

josephswe

n3wb
Reaction score
I am sure this has been covered but I can't find it. I am trying to find and/or change the ip addresses for cameras that were previously added and worked fine until a power outage.
Post outage all show no signal (timeout check IP address and port)
I have no problem finding LAN and WAN for BI, but can't find were to view and change ip for individual cameras in BI.
Must I delete and reinstall each camera if ip has changed?
Thanks in advance.
Joe

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am sure this has been covered but I can't find it. I am trying to find and/or change the ip addresses for cameras that were previously added and worked fine until a power outage.
Post outage all show no signal (timeout check IP address and port)
I have no problem finding LAN and WAN for BI, but can't find were to view and change ip for individual cameras in BI.
Must I delete and reinstall each camera if ip has changed?
Thanks in advance.
Joe
camera properties>video>configure
Your ip addresses for the cameras and pc need to be set so they never change. The simplest way to do this is to setup dhcp reservation in your router. This will prevent this issue in the future.

josephswe

n3wb
Reaction score
camera properties>video>configure
Your ip addresses for the cameras and pc need to be set so they never change. The simplest way to do this is to setup dhcp reservation in your router. This will prevent this issue in the future.
Thank you fenderman, I will do that ASAP. Is the IP viewable for the currently installed or do I haft to delete and reinstall to change after IPs are set to static?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you fenderman, I will do that ASAP. Is the IP viewable for the currently installed or do I haft to delete and reinstall to change after IPs are set to static?
You dont have to delete. Just follow the instructions above and simply change the ip address in blue iris.

josephswe

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you yet again. I did not read your first reply accurately. It appears it's not an IP issue. That is correct. I can see all three of my Foscam cameras via web browser interface but BI shows "No signal" RTSP: 404 stream not found
It was working a day ago. I think the power outage is the only thing that has changed.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you yet again. I did not read your first reply accurately. It appears it's not an IP issue. That is correct. I can see all three of my Foscam cameras via web browser interface but BI shows "No signal" RTSP: 404 stream not found
It was working a day ago. I think the power outage is the only thing that has changed.
Double check the ports password etc...restart blue iris..

josephswe

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you yet again for quick response. I added the port to the address and it works fine now. This issue is resolved.