How to properly set up crossing from one zone to another

dz93

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there any detailed information out there on how to set up motion crossing zones properly. Trying to imitate line crossing by setting up two motion zones, an A zone and B zone with an empty line between so no zones overlap, and under object detection I have the zone crossing set up as B > A which follows the direction I want alerts for this crossing. However this rarely ever works. A mail person will walk up to our house having to cross these zones but it only detects this about 5% of the time. Not sure if I have the zones set up improperly but if anyone has any good walk through on how to set these up I'd greatly appreciate it.

Also as a side note, it would be awesome if the developers could add in line crossing as this would simplify so much when it comes to detecting direction of travel.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Post some screenshots showing your field of view and your zones.

The developer of BI does not view this site, but you can submit a request via the email option in Blue Iris.

The Profit

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there any detailed information out there on how to set up motion crossing zones properly. Trying to imitate line crossing by setting up two motion zones, an A zone and B zone with an empty line between so no zones overlap, and under object detection I have the zone crossing set up as B > A which follows the direction I want alerts for this crossing. However this rarely ever works. A mail person will walk up to our house having to cross these zones but it only detects this about 5% of the time. Not sure if I have the zones set up improperly but if anyone has any good walk through on how to set these up I'd greatly appreciate it.

Also as a side note, it would be awesome if the developers could add in line crossing as this would simplify so much when it comes to detecting direction of travel.
Do a search for HomeTech Video on YouTube, he has a series of videos about how to setup motion triggering. He shows you in BI4 but it’s the same setup in BI5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe throw in screen shots of the detection settings as well, both motion and object detection.

bjohnrini

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have the same issue. I contacted support about this and was referred to this video. I set it up that way, but it still doesnt work for me.
(43 minute mark).