How to obtain Warranty Service

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Do that with power supply connected?
Already answered but yes - I just used the PoE source and the reset worked fine that way :)

If you're near the switch / hub or whatever you're connecting to it should be easy to see if the link light comes up too

Good luck!

hdtvjeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looking at these photos can anyone determine where the pcb pins that I need to short would be ?

Attachments

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's not in those two pics - can you get a picture of the backside of the board in the second pic please?

If it's not there you may need to pop the top PCB off and then get to the lower one in the picture.

hdtvjeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's not in those two pics - can you get a picture of the backside of the board in the second pic please?

If it's not there you may need to pop the top PCB off and then get to the lower one in the picture.
Is this the pcb?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looking at that pic the contacts are most likely on the board which the lens and sensor module are attached to so the top board.

The pins will be labelled 1 and 2 on there.

hdtvjeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looking at that pic the contacts are most likely on the board which the lens and sensor module are attached to so the top board.

Here is that board I dot see pins 1 and 2

hdtvjeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Clearer photo

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you can't see them labelled I'd be going for bridging the two small copper ports near your wedding ring in that second pic.

In the first pic you can see what I'm guessing are the UART pins near the yellow foam padding - you can't tell from the pics but may be worth a look around there too just in case before randomly bridging the other two.

hdtvjeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I tried the fix, IRs did not light when I taped over cds censor. though chip on PCB did get warm

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hope I can reassemble. So bridge with paperclip and then apply power for 60 secs?

You can get to the reset pins without so much disassembly.

I would hold the reset button progressively longer each time, and try 30sec, 60 seconds, and 3.5 min. I'd also use a multimeter to check any voltage test points that are available.