how to allow BI web gui access to a specific local ip network?

sydnew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How to allow BI web gui access to a particular local ip address? My mother ask for access for his desktop. If I unblock it then everyone in my network can access it. tnx

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In BI's built-in "Help" under "The Web Server" => "Other Advanced Web Server Topics" => "Limit IP Addresses" you will find that a "+" sign in front of that PC's IP address will allow that PC to log in.

If this works for you, I would configure that PC's IP to be static, not DHCP so it won't change depending on what devices log in or out or lease expires, etc.

Last edited:

sydnew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In BI's built-in "Help" under "The Web Server" => "Other Advanced Web Server Topics" => "Limit IP Addresses" you will find that a "+" sign in front of that PC's IP address will allow that PC to log in.

If this works for you, I would configure that PC's IP to be static, not DHCP so it won't change depending on what devices log in or out or lease expires, etc.
Are you referring to this? I expect some changes to Firewall because when I install BI I did not make Exception for BI hence its "block" by default. What I need Is to give a special permission to a Specific Internal IP Add so that another PC can Access it through Web GUI while the rest connected to local network is "blocked".

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you referring to this? I expect some changes to Firewall because when I install BI I did not make Exception for BI hence its "block" by default. What I need Is to give a special permission to a Specific Internal IP Add so that another PC can Access it through Web GUI while the rest connected to local network is "blocked".
Yes.