How do you get push notification image to come through on Android?

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
At one point it was working fine but for awhile now I stop receiving pictures with my push notifications. I read posts about having to VPN or port forwarding etc but I can say that nothing's changed with my settings.

Does anyone have it working?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Something changed.

What did you do before VPN or port forward?

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've always port forward to access Blue Iris remotely and only recently setup open VPN to access my local network but never use it for BI, it is for something else. But even when I'm local I still don't get an image.

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think I finally figured this out...

In the webserver tab, I unchecked Use an https port (stunnel)

one more step if that doesn't work is in the "remote, external access" instead of using your public IP put your domain name there and disable refresh external IP on startup.

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ISsue was not he settings altough that certainly was not intuitive and he help manual had ommisions as well that one had to find out by trial and error. Big probem is one needs to have the app open (connected) to get pop ups. Different than Ring and others where you can have the app closed.
This is incorrect... I have the app closed and still gets image.

1690486860056.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ISsue was not he settings altough that certainly was not intuitive and he help manual had ommisions as well that one had to find out by trial and error. Big probem is one needs to have the app open (connected) to get pop ups. Different than Ring and others where you can have the app closed.
Where would you get such an insane nutty idea?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nope you don't.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, but the app is CONNECTED right?
How would the app be connected if its closed?
For the 100th time. The app does not have to be open to get a push notification. If you want an image with the push then you need the app to have access to the blue iris server to get that image, DUH.

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, but the app is CONNECTED right?
Im not sure what youre asking. You mean like initially connected to the Blue Iris server? If so then yes, just the first time so BI knows where to send the alert.

If you mean connected by its active running, then no. I can restart the phone and never touch a thing and still get an alert just as any other alerts on the phone should. happened