How do i reduce false positive motion?

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We had a very windy day today and the shadows of the try moving is casting over my porch. I'm getting alerts every minute. I've lowered the sensitively to the lowest setting (min object size slider all the way to the right) what else can I do?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
We had a very windy day today and the shadows of the try moving is casting over my porch. I'm getting alerts every minute. I've lowered the sensitively to the lowest setting (min object size slider all the way to the right) what else can I do?
Increase the make time...
The best way to address this issue (unless you record continuously) is to create a cloned camera that is used for alerts only. Set the threshold high.

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What do you mean by create a cloned camera? first time I've heard of this

also, if I increase the make time, will this also slow down my alert of an actual motion?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What do you mean by create a cloned camera? first time I've heard of this

also, if I increase the make time, will this also slow down my alert of an actual motion?
If you increase the make time it may cause you to miss brief motion events. What is your make time set to?
Cloning the camera is simply creating a duplicate camera in blue iris..it does not use much resources as blue iris only pulls a single stream. You can hide this duplicate camera so it doesnt appear as a double on the screen.

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
my make time was 1 sec, I increased it to 2 still same result. I just removed all my hotspot and kept the mask option.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
my make time was 1 sec, I increased it to 2 still same result. I just removed all my hotspot and kept the mask option.
2 seconds is a very long make time...leave it at 1.
The hotspot was causing the problem...hotspots in general should not be used. They bypass all sensitivity settings and therefore the changes you made to the sensitivity were irrelevant.