How do I play .BVR files

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think they’re working on being able export video in a usable format from the web interface. But right now the BVR file type can only be read by Blue Iris, IIRC. Use the BI console or smartphone app to export clips that are readily playable in the meantime.

Reaction score
I know nothing about macs soo...export it to .avi instead, if mac supports that.
Right click video, select export to avi.
Yes I can play AVI files but if I click on the save button only gives me the option to save as .BVR. See snapshots.

Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 8.57.45 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 8.57.56 PM.jpg

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@looney2ns, I don’t think the option you’re referring to is available in the web UI, ... just the BI console.

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The export to AVI option is not available on all browsers on all Macs. I have an older MacBook Pro that if I'm running UI3 in Chrome or Firefox the export to AVI is not an option. However, it does work running UI3 in Safari.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Export to AVI is available in UI3 if you're on the latest BI release. In the right-click menu as @looney2ns has been persistently saying. :)

The mobile apps can export to MP4 if that format is preferable.
Guess I’m not on the latest version. :banghead:

Reaction score
You can play BVR videos directly with SMPlayer.
SMPlayer for my is much lightweight than VLC.

xGROMx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well, SMPlayer dosn't work for me, still need a stand alone player. I can't get BI to see old .bvr files are that not already in the db.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, SMPlayer dosn't work for me, still need a stand alone player. I can't get BI to see old .bvr files are that not already in the db.
just right click on the actual file and open with blue iris - select always...