Hosafe IR stopped working

mrtechman

n3wb
Reaction score
Been using a Hosafe cam for some time now. Recently the IR stopped working at night. Tried unplugging it and sending restart commands via blue iris to no avail. There does not seem to be a setting to adjust it using onvif manager.

Other than accepting that the IR function has died, any suggestions? Thanks.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
is it switching to night mode still? if so then the led driver sounds like it took a crap.. if its just stuck in day or night then its the light sensor and usually you can over ride it.

mrtechman

n3wb
Reaction score
That's a good point. I hadn't thought of that. Yes, it still goes into night mode, so must be the IR driver is dead. Maybe the next warm day, if I get ambitious, I will open it up and see. Thanks.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's a good point. I hadn't thought of that. Yes, it still goes into night mode, so must be the IR driver is dead. Maybe the next warm day, if I get ambitious, I will open it up and see. Thanks.
And then you should be able to order a new ir board on ebay or you've got a really good reason why you need a new camera :D

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Or just add an external IR illuminator and thank your lucky stars that the cam's IR failed and gave you a reason to upgrade. Try and mount it a few feet away from the camera and above it a bit if possible. Depends a lot on the scene and mounting options though. You'll be much happier even if you DO end up getting a new camera because then you can manually turn off the internal IR of the NEW camera. Using internal IR on an outdoor camera sucks, to use a technical term. It blinds the camera in poor weather, is generally too weak and/or concentrated in a spotlight, and causes way too many false positives on motion detection. If it's indoors, internal IR can work fine and allows a much cleaner install in non-industrial environments.