Hosafe Cameras and Blue Iris issues

Reaction score
I have been using both Blue Iris & Hosafe cams for about 2 years now, and no issues. I recently added 2 new Hosafe Cams (13MD4P & 1MB6P). Blue Iris finds them when doing the search, but when it adds them to the system, it says there is no video. Any suggestions?

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Any luck with this? I also have a 1MB6 that I had working on a BI demo a few weeks ago but now on a new install I just can't seem to get it going again....

rnatalli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can't speak to BI, but my dad has a couple of these cheap cameras and I've managed to get them working in Netcam Studio by providing the RTSP address and selecting RTSP_TCP. If you can, return the Hosafe cameras and get better ones like Dahua or Hikvision for BI. If not, try messing with the RTSP link in BI's setup and raising the video buffer to 20MB. Also, make sure you block internet access for the Hosafes at the router and also disable ports 9000 through 65535 on the cameras if your router allows.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well, I tried this again today and for whatever reason BI wouldn't open. It kept crashing so I un- and re- installed BI. I tried to have BI auto locate my cameras, but nothing showed up (weird because the other day it did show up).

Anyway, today all I did was in the configurations set the Address drop down choice to rtsp:// and the in the box next to it typed the IP address of my camera. User name and PW are blank (router is not allowing these to access the Internet already) and the Make is generic and the model is RTSP H.264/H.265/MJPG/MPEG4.

I changed the ports to what they should be (I knew them already but for anyone else reading this, download tinycam free which will scan your network. Then go to camera settings on that app and it should show you the ports. I've also been using tinycam as my go to live feed viewer. I am always connected via VPN to my network at home so I just open the app and see all my cameras live feeds.

As to the quality of Hosafe, I've had it for a while so no returns, but I'm okay with that. It was like $30 and came with POE injectors AND a power cable. Heck of a deal for my second camera (first ONVIF) to get me going and learning about setting up a camera system. Once I start buying nicer cameras I'll probably just set this one up somewhere that I just want to watch, and don't care about quality. For example in my barn I can point it at the overhead door and know if it's open or closed at a glance. Or heck throw it in the chicken coop and know if the birds are safe. Raccoons wear masks anyway so even a $500 camera in the coop will be defeated haha