Home Assistant and FTP alert images.

Dan111

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm running home assistant and initially I was using mqtt to trigger in home assistant the motion detector for the camera and then an automation to take a snapshot of the camera as I pulled all the cameras from blue Iris into home assistant.

The issue is there is a significant delay and the images show nothing.

I started looking into ftp as home assistant has that capability.

I set the ftp in blue Iris to use a specific name and upload to a specific folder that an automation would use.

It works however blue Iris is sending non-trigger images. The pictures have no motion even when on blue Iris I can see a confirmed alert.

Does anyone know how I would send home assistant an alert image?

Dan111

n3wb
Reaction score
What do you have set up as below?

View attachment 96486
It may be working now to use immediate actions. Where are the images sent to deepstack saved?

Would it be possible to send images that were confirmed rather than immediate actions and taking pictures immediately of potentially nothing and sometimes something?

Meaning the image used to confirm the alert is sent to ftp?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't use DS so I can't really answer that.
Regarding image attachments, I've only sent them MMS via SMTP to my iPhone.

Dan111

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't use DS so I can't really answer that.
Regarding image attachments, I've only sent them MMS via SMTP to my iPhone.
Yep it's odd that there's a way for sms messages to be sent for confirmed alerts only and send the alert images but there's no other way to use that get the same image sent for ftp.

Someone told me there's a way to use the files bi exposes but it's a very in depth process of using Ds in a container and having deepstack itself send mqtt messages when it confirms an alert and having home assistant pluck the pictures from the bi files. So far what you said has helped actually get the triggers in the picture. Now I'm trying to only have confirmed alerts rather than 40% wind and 60% confirmed real alerts.