Hikvision Virtual Host Problem

Reaction score
I'm currently using the NSN-7324K-16P (rebranded Hikvision NVR from Nellys Security) to monitor a property I own in Europe (I live in the US) The setup itself works pretty well given my upload speed.

However, because I can't be on site 24/7 I need access to my cameras remotely to change settings while I'm in the US. So far I would have virtual host enabled with the 65001 port being forwarded on my router. That meant if I wanted to access my cameras directly I would type in my EuropeanIP:65001 for camera 1 65002 for camera 2 and so forth.

Recently I added a new PTZ camera, however I won't be able to connect that PTZ camera directly to the NVR, because it would involve a lot of drilling, running ethernet cables, etc. So instead I connected it to my router directly and then added it to the NVR from there.

The problem is that camera is running on my router's local ip address 192.168.1.4 (this is the camera's ip address on my lan) while the cameras connected directly to the nvr run at 192.168.254.x The NVR assigns them their own address.

The NVR which has 16 physical ports sees my newly added camera on channel number D17, however when I type in my ip address and 65017 it won't connect to it. So the only way so far for me to access the camera to configure it is only on the local area network and only by typing in 192.168.1.4

I'm wondering if there is a way for me to set up the virtual host for this camera without connecting it directly to the NVR so that once I come back to the States I can access it remotely from there at any point of time just like I can with my cameras connected directly to the NVR.

Thanks in advance for all help.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The camera is not connected to a POE port on the NVR, so you do not use virtual host to access it. You just need to forward the right ports from your router to the PTZ camera IP.