Hikvision Two-Way Audio Camera

Reaction score
Hello all. New to the forum. So I justpurchased and am in the process of setting up new IP POE Hikvision camears witha Hikvision NVR.

I'm using a Hikvision DS-7700 Series NVR. My plan is to have 2 of my 10 cameras have two-way audio. One will be outside at the front door of myhouse underneath the eaves (protected from the rain) and the other will beinside the living room.

I purchased the following two cameras to experiment withthe two-way audio: DS-2CD2432F-IW, and DS-2CD2532F-IS.
With the first one (2432 – Cube) I thought that all youhad to do was plug in the cat5 cable and that single cable would provide thepower, data connection, AND two-way audio. When using the IVMS-4500 app on our phones, we can hear the audio comingin, however when we click on the mic on the bottom, and start talking, we donot get any audio coming out of the camera. I thought this cameras is supposed to have a built in speaker andtherefore would play our audio when talking into the smartphone on the app, am Imissing something?
With the other camera (2532) I understand there is nobuilt in speaker, and from reading the posts I see that I would have topurchase a one-way self-amplified speaker and plug it into the pigtail on the camera,is this correct? Which connection on thepigtail does it go into? Does this meanits just one singe wire that connects from the pigtail to the speaker, and Ishould be able to talk over the speaker through the app? Where do I find such a speaker? What are they called?

Thank you very much.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Dreamboat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been tested DS-2CD2432F-IW as a door phone camera but I think that's not tbe best choice. At the camera side there is a microphone echo effect when the two way audio is started. When iVMS4500 is used on the remote side, there is also an echo effect, which could be solved only by using a headset. The camera speaker also is a bit low. Probably DS-2CD2532F-IS if used with external speaker will be a better choice.

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies so far. I think I’m leaning towards the 2532 andreturning the 2432. However, I didchange the 2432 settings in the NVR to be sure I’m recording both Video andAudio, but I still do not get any audio out of the camera speaker when talkinginto the IVMS4500 app. I thought Iremember saying that this will not work unless I have the camera hooked up to arouter then to the NVR switch for some reason. Is this true? I would like to atleast hear what the audio sounds like coming out of the 2432 before I returnit. Does anyone have this camera andhave luck talking into the phone app and your audio comes out of the cameraspeaker?

Also, I’m a bit confused on how the wiring would go if I usethe 2532 with the amp and external speaker. Here is a picture of an amp that was suggested in that other post. So would I run a wire from the ‘A’ pigtailconnector on the camera to the amp input and if so which amp input, then theground from the pigtail into the amp as well? Where would these plug into this amp and where would the speaker plugin? Thanks

Attachments