Hikvision Pricing

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
My $0.00000000000000000001 is that everyone has to do what they can when they can. That first starts with voting with your wallet and supporting as many local / country products and services that you can.

Buying American / Canadian helps everyone in the supply chain.

The problem with trying to go this route all the time is many items (products) are no longer made in North America. It was the creed of Profit Before People that got us where we are today with respect to why so many items are made off shore. Cheap labor, no environmental impact, price point, that could meet any consumer demand. You'll never see an existing plant that makes clothes move back to North America because that same garment would cost easily 30-50% more for the same.

Anyone who has ever lived by a tannery, coal mine, name what ever heavy industry in their backyard knows the environmental impact it has on the area and people. I don't recall where it is in the USA but want to say its in Michigan??

Anyways seeing burning water coming out of the running facet like fuel is truly a WTF?? :wtf:

There's another place in the USA where the retention ponds for whatever industry was leaching into the ground for decades. All of the people down stream have like every known cancer known to man and they company says its just natural??? :thumbdown: :lmao:

North America moved all of the dirty tech offshores because it helped keep prices low and profits high. While also leaving behind the environmental impact to those countries that saw $$$$ instead of understanding you can't be spending $$$$ when you're all dead and dying! :thumb:

This is why most recently China and others have stopped accepting almost every form of recycling material. They produce enough and recycle their own to remake it into something else. They don't need to be a dumping ground for the world and now everyone is scrambling to figure out what to do with the billions of tons of waste.

Billy.M

n3wb
Reaction score
Capitalism is awesome. It is the only system that works and incredibly well. We cannot allow the government to control the means of production in any way shape or form. Nothing wrong with being rich. Every human is greedy. The rich are not your enemy. They spend, invest and assume risk that turns the wheels of the economy. If you dont want to support the chinese buy something made elsewhere there are options. What have you given up in the name of not buying from china?
Well said

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Capitalism is awesome. It is the only system that works and incredibly well. We cannot allow the government to control the means of production in any way shape or form. Nothing wrong with being rich. Every human is greedy. The rich are not your enemy. They spend, invest and assume risk that turns the wheels of the economy. If you dont want to support the chinese buy something made elsewhere there are options. What have you given up in the name of not buying from china?
I'm not anti-capitalist. The problem is the current version of capitalism has become so beset with greed that those behind it have lost sight of what they're actually doing. Under the current model, China has gone from being a country that had low exports that were low tech to the richest country in the world and one of the most advanced in technology due to the transfer of tech by companies seeking the cheapest without regard for what a hostile Government might do with that cash. A good example this week is Tesla - proposing to build cars over there from scratch = transfer of all their electric motor tech.

What were seeing now with China, in terms of arms race, an ambition to become the most powerful antion in the world, and to annexe other nations, wouldn't be possible without that money. The Chinese Communist Party has grown powerful and hostile on the back of capitalist funding. Kind of ironic that capitalists have funded the expansion and rise of Communism. Therein lies the issue. One of the US's own Generals this week warned of a nuclear war with China. Where exactly has all that greed got you if everything you have gained is destroyed in a war? If your boats and fancy houses lies ruined and your country's economy is shot becuase the factories are destroyed and most of the population is dead or irradiated?

That's where it's all gone wrong.

Captilaism is good but only so long as you don't fund your enemies. Like I said the irony of capitliasts funding Communist expansion and their own destruction is something that only the greedy can fail to see as it's right in front of their own eyes.

Manufacturing in your own country and other allies would not only have created jobs and made the US more propsperous, but it would have denied the Communist Party the funding they need to militarise and head down a path of a probable World War and mutual destruction.

I have to feel also for the ordinary Chinese people such as Andy. I'm sure many of them don't approve of what their Government is doing or the way it's heading but are powerless to stop it.