Hikvision NVR to QNAP HybridMount cloud gives abnormal HDD?

Reaction score
Hi all

I have a Hikvision DS-7616NI-K2/16P NVR, a QNAP TS-130 NAS and a TrueNAS.

I want to stream camera footage to the cloud so that I have footage even if the burglars steal or destroy the equipment.

The NVR is happy to write to an NFS share on omegle xender a TrueNAS local SSD volume and I can view the footage using a Windows client over SMB.

The NVR is happy to write to an NFS share on a QNAP local SSD volume and I can view the footage using a Windows client over SMB.

I have set up two HybridMount mounts on the QNAP, one to Google Drive and one to a Amazon S3 bucket. As a test, these two shares can be accessed using SMB from a Windows client, creating and deleting files and folders.

When trying the HybridMount shares on the NVR as an NFS "HDD", the folder names of the shares are shown and the HDDs are listed.

Problem:
The Init button on the NVR UI produces progress only to one percent, then the Status becomes Abnormal. There is no data to be found in these shares via Windows client.

I don't know if the NVR is trying to write the data but it does not have the rights (remember, the SSD share on the QNAP is working).

Or the NVR freaks out about available space or something else.

Any ideas?

Last edited: