Hikvision NVR setup 7608NI-E2/P8

5string

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My WD 4tb Purple arrived today. I plan on installing it on Wednesday. Will I be able to set it up without any cameras (still waiting for them to arrive)? Any installation & setup tips/pearls?

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes you will. Install it in nvr and format it. Should be right in your NVR manual.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Absolutely. Format it right away else you will be driven mad by the NVR's incessant beeping saying there's no hard drive. If you haven't powered it up yet to find out, you'll know very very quickly what I'm talking about. There is a setting to shut it off but for the time it takes to format the drive, it's not worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5string

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
HDD installed and formatted. admin password created and new operator account created. Seems to have connected to LAN without issues. Anything else I can do/play with while I wait for cams to arrive?

- - - Updated - - -

incessant beeping: nailed it :)

5string

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Define unable to connect. Web browser, iVMS, etc?

5string

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Safari and Chrome connections refused. Downloaded & installed plug-in. Still no joy.

I also tried android iVMS 4.5HD which acts like it is connected, but no cameras, so I'm not sure.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Power cycle the recorder. In iVMS on Mac (get it if you don't have it), under device management, click show online devices. See if it's there and find its IP if by some odd chance it changed.

"Show online devices" is the only OS X equivalent of SADP which is a Windows only tool that scopes out any and all Hikvision devices online on your network. There is no OSX version of SADP unfortunately.