Hikvision NVR: push notifications

bamus

n3wb
Reaction score
Good day!

I currently use several Hikvision camera's to guard my home however, push notifications support is flaky at best. They work fine with motion detection (MD), but not with line crossing detection (LC). Unfortunately I got lots of false positives with MD such as bugs, passing car's lights. With LC this is a lot better, but no push notifications are sent. Another issue is I activated them in the iVMS-4200 app on several devices but it seems they only get sent to one device.

After fiddling with this for way to long I'm looking at alternatives and I wonder if the NVR solutions Hikvision offers have working notifications, specifically on LC detection?

Thanks for any advice!

B.

Magnus357

n3wb
Reaction score
I haven't tried this yet, but seems useful. Posted by Celius on the NetworkCameraCritic review of the DS-2CD2532F-IS.

"There is another way of reducing false alerts to almost zero without having to use an added pir. In the events tab where the motion detection options are, there is another option which provides a sensitivity scale from 0 to 100 in increments of 1 rather than 20′s. There’s also a proportion scale which I’ll also explain.Go to Advanced Configuration / Events / Motion Detection. Now just below the enable check boxes you will see a configuration option with a drop down menu which has the default as “Normal” and the option of “Expert”. Select “Expert” and a whole new setup appears with the option of setting up 8 zones which can be configured independently of each other with different night, day and sensitivity level settings.

The proportion scale allows you to set the percentage of the zone you just created that will trigger an alert. for example if I draw a square anywhere on the screen of any size and set the proportion to 50 at least 50% of that area needs to be moving before an alert will be triggered and that’s in addition to a set sensitivity level. We use these settings for our IP camera dialers, and configure the motion setup to ignore clouds, birds, cats and anything else that normally causes false alerts. There’s also the Intrusion Detection tab which we also use with dialers which can be setup to allow alerts only when a specific zone senses movement for a set period of time. For example if a car’s headlights go past nothing will happen but if someone is loitering around for say 15 seconds, the dialler will call.

When positioned and setup correctly it’s rare that anything other than people will trigger a phone call from the camera. To combat snow try the “Line Crossing Detection” option, we don’t get much snow here in the UK."