Hikvision NVR POE

braddie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do the Hikvision DS-76XXN/NI NVRs reset the POE ports if there is a software reboot? Is there even a manual/automatic reboot feature on these NVRs for that matter? I need to know if it's possible to power cycle the cameras through the NVR before getting one.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
From my experience with both the 7600 series (1U height, 4/8/16CH) and the 7700 series (16/32CH, 1.5U height), clicking reboot in the maintenance menu is the equivalent of a hard reboot. It does not simply restart Linux, the onboard PoE switch loses power in the process along with everything connected to it. I can assume this is the same for all Hikvision embedded Linux recorders, but those models are the only ones I have personally worked with and can confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

braddie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
From my experience with both the 7600 series (1U height, 4/8/16CH) and the 7700 series (16/32CH, 1.5U height), clicking reboot in the maintenance menu is the equivalent of a hard reboot. It does not simply restart Linux, the onboard PoE switch loses power in the process along with everything connected to it. I can assume this is the same for all Hikvision embedded Linux recorders, but those models are the only ones I have personally worked with and can confirm.
Thank you for the answer! Physical access to the NVR and hardware won't be easy in my new setup so being able to power cycle the cameras remotely is crucial. It's the main consideration for me in deciding between a POE NVR model and a non-POE with a separate switch.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No problem. Generally the less boxes the better, even though if you were to compare non-PoE and PoE Hikvision products, the difference can be rather staggering at times. But is it worth separating them? No, absolutely not. But I understand your concern either way. Even so, if you had a separate PoE switch, you'd still have to reset that, unless you were opting for a smart switch to give you that remote access reset. In any case, the Hikvision firmware should allow for what you're trying to accomplish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

braddie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
if you were to compare non-PoE and PoE Hikvision products, the difference can be rather staggering at times. But is it worth separating them? No, absolutely not.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. Is there more of a difference than just 4/8/16POE+1 Fast Ethernet (for non-POE) vs. 1 gigabit Ethernet (for POE)?

if you had a separate PoE switch, you'd still have to reset that, unless you were opting for a smart switch to give you that remote access reset.
Precisely why I was trying to avoid the separate switch and get by with resetting the cameras through a Hikvision POE NVR. I would have needed a smart/managed switch with enough ports, POE and gigabit ethernet for the uplink to the NVR. The switch would have easily been more expensive than the whole POE NVR.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. Is there more of a difference than just 4/8/16POE+1 Fast Ethernet (for non-POE) vs. 1 gigabit Ethernet (for POE)?
Hikvision makes non-PoE versions of the 7600s that have a single, non-PoE ethernet port, and the premise is that everything is tied into your main network. They are rare to my understanding, I've only stumbled across them when price shopping on eBay, and it might be something only offered on chinese regioned devices. The "8P" in your model number is what indicates the 8 PoE interfaces, so this model lacks that suffix. I've never purchased one or bothered to ask, so hard to say. The ability to not have an external camera PSU is enough incentive for me to never buy one of these said models. Here is a pic that took me forever to find but it's exactly what I'm referring to so you can understand what I'm describing. Apparently these don't even integrate the power supply:
184_1083953587.jpg
I can pick these up for around $190, while the PoE equivalent is about $300. in other words, it's a $110 PoE switch. that's why I said the price difference could be shocking at first glance.

Precisely why I was trying to avoid the separate switch and get by with resetting the cameras through a Hikvision POE NVR. I would have needed a smart/managed switch with enough ports, POE and gigabit ethernet for the uplink to the NVR. The switch would have easily been more expensive than the whole POE NVR.
Absolutely. The benefit of the cost savings, less box clutter, less wires and power supplies, so worth NVR integration. I'm OCD about that kind of stuff so if something absolutely MUST be a separate box or one reason or another, it hurts.