Hikvision "Notify Surveillance Center" Option - Does This Affect Direct Camera Push Notifications Without NVR?

IAmWatchingYou!

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, I currently don't have any access to a Hik camera to test this, so I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me you disable the "Notify Surveillance Center" option for an event linkage, does this also disable push notifications from the camera to the cloud when NOT using an NVR? I've read mixed instructions that don't clarify this. I know this option is needed if using an NVR and you want to use camera event processing to trigger an even on the NVR, and possibly a subsequent NVR generated push. But I'm trying to find out what the behavior is without the NVR and having the camera communicating directly to the cloud.

I'm trying to find out so I can automate disabling push notifications when I'm home for motion, intrusion, line crossing, etc, but keep recording enabled.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Notify Surveillance Center

Center : hik-connect,NVR,ivms4200,hik-central

If camera is on NVR it will notify NVR, if its directly on cloud it will notify hik-connect.

Hope u understand now

IAmWatchingYou!

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is great @trempa92 ! Thank you so much for finding the answer to this question.
I see a lot of people talking about wanting to easily turn off push notifications when they are home / working outside in the vicinity of their cameras, however still record. So this ia great for people who want to automate turning on and off push notifications.

IAmWatchingYou!

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I just got a Hikvision camera today, and sure enough, disabling "Notify Surveillance Center" stops the push notifications. The camera still records, however no event is shown in the camera's log, nor is there an event that shows in the app. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Last edited:

IAmWatchingYou!

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This morning I walked in front of the camera, and to my surprise, I received a push notification for motion and I definitely don't have "Notify Surveillance Center" checked.

IAmWatchingYou!

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just an update to this. There turned out to be a bug in Hikvision firmware V5.7.3 build 220112 and unchecking the "Notify Surveillance Center" would still notify. Upgrading to V5.7.10 build 220830 corrected the issue. There was also another bug where setting the linkage method to record for region entrance detection, the camera would not record on the event trigger. It would still notify however. This was also resolved in firmware V5.7.3 build 220112.