Hikvision IPC-T2347G-LU on Hikvision NVR Not coming through?

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So I've been using the Hikvision 7616-E2-EP NVR and 7 DS-2CD2142FWD-IS Domes hooked up to it via POE with virtual host enabled. I have setup all the cameras on TinyCamPro just fine and they were working properly (basically using the IP Address of the NVR with each specific port for the virtual host cameras (e.g., 65001 is camera 1, 65002 is camera 2, etc). The only protocol that work for these is JPG/snapshot.

For some reason, I can not get my new 2347G-LU to show video when it is hooked up to the NVR. I know the password is right, but I get a Video Failed (Timeout, check hostname and port number) error.

If I plug the camera into just a regular POE switch and give it its own IP address, TinyCamPro easily finds the camera, and for whatever reason I need to select RTSP over TCP as the protocol, and it works perfectly.

But I just can't get it to play nicely when it is attached to the NVR.

Any ideas?

Maximo101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the same issue.
I have a hikvision 8chn nvr, a few hikvision cameras all work on Tinycam app using the same nvr ip / port but in advanced setting I change the channel for the different cameras.
I recently added a dahua ipc z12e and while it works on the NVR and can be seen on the hik connect app, that poe channel does not show feed and gives me Timeout / username pass error. I only copy the same setting and purely change channel 1-9. Works for all cameras except the Onvif enabled dahua...

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I never figured it out unfortunately. But have moved on to a server running Blue Iris and sold my Hik NVR.