HikVision IP Doorbells

Reaction score
Hi all

Just got hold of some HikVision door bell / intercom stuff to play with - and what I thought should be simple and straightforward isn't!

Indoor Panel - DS-KH6320-WTE1 - Outdoor Unit - DS-KB8112-IM

I've added the external unit to the indoor one through the Wizard on the panel - it adds it and I can view the camera by going to Live View - I can press the call button outside and the unit inside rings - I can answer the call have a conversation etc. all OK. If I press the call button while in Live View from the inside panel - I get "Operation failed!"

Any advice please?

Paul

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi all

Just got hold of some HikVision door bell / intercom stuff to play with - and what I thought should be simple and straightforward isn't!

Indoor Panel - DS-KH6320-WTE1 - Outdoor Unit - DS-KB8112-IM

I've added the external unit to the indoor one through the Wizard on the panel - it adds it and I can view the camera by going to Live View - I can press the call button outside and the unit inside rings - I can answer the call have a conversation etc. all OK. If I press the call button while in Live View from the inside panel - I get "Operation failed!"

Any advice please?

Paul

this video may help..

DanielRe

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Paul,
could you fix this problem? I have exactly the same behaviour - clicking live view shows the cam, but when I hit the "call"-button -> "operation failed"

My doorbell-cam is another model though: DS-KD8003-IME
And indoor monitor unit is the same: DS-KH6320-WTE1

Any help please... I was so happy after all those Ring! and Nest frustrations... ;(

Thanks alot