HikVision Intercom wiring with a gate opener

Upetr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post, tried to do a search but wanted to clarify my understanding.
I have a Hikvision DS-KH9510-WTE1 connected directly to my Hikvision 16 channel NVR with PoE (via rj45 lan cable).
At the back of the screen I am using two outputs NO & COM to trigger my gate motor.
I have an intercom outside KD8003-IME1 connected to the NVR via directly (via rj45 lan cable).
I have additional cameras and Hik-Connect setup and all of that is working as expected except opening of the gate.

When I press the Unlock/Gate Open on the touch screen or Hik-connect app, nothing happens. Only if I press the "Com1" in Hik-Connect it will open.

Is there any way to change that behavior or do I need to wire it differently? For example, would I need to have the wire going from the outside intercom module to the gate motor? I am just worried as anyone could rip off the module and then use the wires at the back to gain entry.

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post, tried to do a search but wanted to clarify my understanding.
I have a Hikvision DS-KH9510-WTE1 connected directly to my Hikvision 16 channel NVR with PoE (via rj45 lan cable).
At the back of the screen I am using two outputs NO & COM to trigger my gate motor.
I have an intercom outside KD8003-IME1 connected to the NVR via directly (via rj45 lan cable).
I have additional cameras and Hik-Connect setup and all of that is working as expected except opening of the gate.

When I press the Unlock/Gate Open on the touch screen or Hik-connect app, nothing happens. Only if I press the "Com1" in Hik-Connect it will open.

Is there any way to change that behavior or do I need to wire it differently? For example, would I need to have the wire going from the outside intercom module to the gate motor? I am just worried as anyone could rip off the module and then use the wires at the back to gain entry.
It doesn't look as though you can link the indoor station relay to the lock release function directly so you'd need to connect it to the outdoor unit.

Upetr

n3wb
Reaction score
That's what I was worried about as anyone who understands how these work can then just loosen it outside and put the two wires together to open up the gate.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That's what I was worried about as anyone who understands how these work can then just loosen it outside and put the two wires together to open up the gate.
Theres a security module that prevents that DS-K2M060, it connects via rs485 and then door will use relay from that module rather than its own

gatecam

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I am considering this device for an outside, gooseneck pole mounted option to replace a Door King. Do you have this mounted on a pole? I can't seem to find any kits for pole mounting, only surface mounts. Thanks

wifi75

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a doubt, I noticed that the door output relay remains energized for too many seconds, and this is not good for my electric lock, I could also risk damaging it.
but perhaps the electric lock needs to be connected to door 2?

I read the manual and it says that magnetic lock must be connected to door 1 while electric strike on door 2.

but what is electric strike?

1694343202444.png

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a doubt, I noticed that the door output relay remains energized for too many seconds, and this is not good for my electric lock, I could also risk damaging it.
but perhaps the electric lock needs to be connected to door 2?

I read the manual and it says that magnetic lock must be connected to door 1 while electric strike on door 2.

but what is electric strike?

View attachment 171950
electric strike uses existing door knob/crash bar door lock that replaces the strike plate. This unlocks, un-jams the door then de energizes. cycle time is about 3-5 seconds.
Magnetic lock, a.k.a. "Mag lock" is an electromagnet locking mechanism typically used to secure glass commercial entry doors. These are usually always energize and a relay is used to break power to the electro-magnet to unlock them. cycle time is usually 5-15 seconds.

wifi75

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
electric strike uses existing door knob/crash bar door lock that replaces the strike plate. This unlocks, un-jams the door then de energizes. cycle time is about 3-5 seconds.
Magnetic lock, a.k.a. "Mag lock" is an electromagnet locking mechanism typically used to secure glass commercial entry doors. These are usually always energize and a relay is used to break power to the electro-magnet to unlock them. cycle time is usually 5-15 seconds.
from where I have to set relay 2 or electric strike

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
from where I have to set relay 2 or electric strike
The delay would be in an output menu. Its usually buried in System > Event > Normal Event > Alarm Output.
There you can rename the output and change the dwell delay times.
Then you use the "Request for exit" circuit that is normally ran to a button you push to exit on the door and install the two wires across NVR's output relay's normally open contacts (NO) and common (com).