Hikvision firmware upgrade of NVR - 7608NI-I2/8P (yet another thread asking for help)

NZA81

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all

As the title suggests, like many before me I tried updating the firmware on my Hikvision NVR and have run into an issue.

The firmware I was running was V3.4.82, Build 170320. I'm in Australia so I'm guessing it is an aussie firmware? (the NVR was already installed when I bought the house).

I tried to upgrade to 3.4.99, Build 180324. File name was NVR_K51_BL_ML_STD_V3.4.99_180324.zip and I downloaded it from the Hikvision portal (albeit the UK one which is probably what has caused the issue : / ). It all ran OK but when it booted up it asked for a new password (but admin was greyed out). Also asked for a new pattern lock code (like the Android phone lock thingy). I entered both of these but nothing seems to happen and none of my cameras are showing. I can still pull up the menu options but it won't let me access anything as it asks for a password which isn't accepted.

So after reading many similar threads here it seems I need to use Scott Lamb's TFTP tool to reflash the firmware and get the NVR working again? Is that right? If so, which firmware version should I try to reflash using the TFTP tool?