hikvision - extract thousands of images from camera sd card?

Pimvg

n3wb
Reaction score
Relocated the jpg directory outside of D:\Hikv and removed all subdirs except for datadir0. That indeed did the trick and the error message is now gone.
In the next week I will try to find an identical SD-card as I have used in the camera at the construction site. Then I will have an "identical" configuration to test with. Will then capture some pics and rerun the script. Will let you know the results.

Alex_N

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK, I hope it will work, but if it doesn't, I'll adjust the code again. By the way, what is the model and year of manufacture of your camera?

Pimvg

n3wb
Reaction score
DS-2CD5A46G0-IZS. It's a 4MP Bullet camera from the Darkfighter range.
Not sure which year of manufacture as I got them as used but I believe these were produced since late 2019 until mid 2021.

Alex_N

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have the DS-2CD2142FWD-IS, bought around 2016. Yours is definitely newer than mine and probably Hikvision made some changes to the old index00p.bin format before switching to the improved database format. Mine also runs on the same firmware it came with.

Pimvg

n3wb
Reaction score
Alex,

I finally managed to find an identical micro-SD-card (128GB) as in use at the construction site and ran a series op captures on the same type/mod camera. The close to 4000 images were extracted in minutes and are perfectly readable. And by placing the output folder outside of the input folder, the error message is gone too, as you already explained.

So, I presume and expect that the "individual fix" that you created can be successfully used to extract the captures from the DS-2CD5A46G0-IZS (regardless of the mem-card-size), once the construction of the house is completed, by the end of this year.
Again a big Thank You for your guidance and effort.

Alex_N

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's great, I'll think about it, and maybe I'll add the code changes I've made for your camera to the main code on GitHub.

Pimvg

n3wb
Reaction score
The building construction took longer than expected so I could not attempt the extraction process with the customised script until yesterday. And a big success it was!!
Extracted a little over 46000 images from the memory card in no-time.
Thanks again for your effort Alex. Much appreciated!

Today I squeezed the images into a time lapse video (that took some real processing power) and the result is stunning.