HIKVISION DS-7308HUHI-F4/N

Dno

n3wb
Reaction score
These were $45 on ebay NIB.
I am only familiar with PoE / ethernet cameras. Not older analog systems.

The HV seemed to support a wide variety of analog, so I assume(d) the 'ELEC 1080P' BNC cameras would plug in and work. They are banging around in some thrift store, and I'm trying to set up a proper security system.

Not sure what I have to do with the HV so it will 'see' the test camera i have plugged-in. The camera is powered with a standard 12v wall wart.

Thanks.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Might check the specs, older dvrs from hik were TVI format back when all the bigs were forcing their own protocols; cvi vs tvi.

Reactions: Dno

Dno

n3wb
Reaction score
I posted them. I don't know all that lingo, but there are extensive specs at that link.

It occured to me that plugging in power directly at the camera and using the BNC extension cable to just be able to connect it to the DVR, may have caused it to not be recognized. I may need to plug in the power at the same end as the DVR.

There are no how-to's or compatibility guides I've found, at all, for this stuff. And, I can see then why it was abandoned in favor of IP cameras, which is what I would normally use.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Specs are in data sheet. No cvi support and anything over 3mp tvi or 720 ahd not going to work.IMG_4710.png

Reactions: Dno

Dno

n3wb
Reaction score
You sure that's the right data sheet? It says H265+ right on the box, listing. Hmmm

It did work, once I plugged the power into the extension cord then into the camera. Basic newb error.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You sure that's the right data sheet? It says H265+ right on the box, listing. Hmmm

It did work, once I plugged the power into the extension cord then into the camera. Basic newb error.
That’s what hiks website says.

Dno

n3wb
Reaction score
"
  • Up to 16 channels
  • H.265+/H.265/H.264+/H.264 and Dual-Stream Video Compression
  • Up to 8 MP resolution
  • Main stream: 3 MP@15 fps;1080p / 720p / WD1 / 4CIF / VGA / CIF@ 25 fps (P) / 30 fps (N) Sub-stream: WD1 / 4CIF @ 12 fps; 1080p / 720p / WD1 / 4CIF / VGA / CIF @ 25 fps (P) / 30 fps (N)
  • HDMI and VGA Output up to 3840 x 2160
"
I think the difference is you are looking at the PDF (?) and the website is more current (?).