Hikvision ds-2cd2432f-iw doesnt show up and keeps restarting

Edgars

n3wb
Reaction score
I have Hikvision ds-2cd2432f-iw. When first i plugged it in i was able to browse it. I changed video standard from 50hz to 60hz, it restarted and after that i cant see it lan. Searched both with iVMS and SADP but nothing. Only the Link LED blinks on camera everytime I push Refresh button in thoses apps. Also looks like camera is having restart loop. Any ideas? How to reset this camera? I am feeding it from DC not PoE. Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have Hikvision ds-2cd2432f-iw. When first i plugged it in i was able to browse it. I changed video standard from 50hz to 60hz, it restarted and after that i cant see it lan. Searched both with iVMS and SADP but nothing. Only the Link LED blinks on camera everytime I push Refresh button in thoses apps. Also looks like camera is having restart loop. Any ideas? How to reset this camera? I am feeding it from DC not PoE. Thanks!
Welcome to the forum..what firmware version is it running? What is the powersupply you are using rated at?

soulja

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Restart loop is because of firmware 5.2.8. Downgrade to 5.2.5

IPCamNoob

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought a Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW version 5.2.8. It just came in today. It's now stuck in one of these boot loops. Where do I download the 5.2.5 firmware and how do you downgrade it? I've seen some threads saying to TFTP downgrade it but all the links to the firmware/TFTP tool seem to be broken.

EDIT: Also it came with 5.2.0 firmware on it. Found a working 5.2.5 download, but still trying to find how to TFTP it.

EDIT: Found a working TFTP update tool link - http://www.hikvision.com/europe/download_more.asp?id=1336 I used this but it doesn't seem to work. I set the IP of my laptop to 192.0.0.128/255.255.255.0 and ran the tftpserv application, but the camera doesn't seem to connect to it. I have the camera connected to a POE injector that is then connected directly to the laptop. TFTP Server never shows anything connecting to it though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Edgars

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought it from local e-shop And i have 12V DC power supply. I dont know what firmware because I cant connect it. Anyway as i said evrything worked before changing settings. Its not that i need those settings that i changed, i just wanted to explore the interface and camera options. It would be great just to reset it back. I dont know how to reset it or downgrade firmware.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I bought it from local e-shop And i have 12V DC power supply. I dont know what firmware because I cant connect it. Anyway as i said evrything worked before changing settings. Its not that i need those settings that i changed, i just wanted to explore the interface and camera options. It would be great just to reset it back. I dont know how to reset it or downgrade firmware.
To reset hikvision cameras...unplug the power..hold the reset button and while holding apply power....keep holding for 30 seconds...

Edgars

n3wb
Reaction score
Does this work with both DC and PoE power supply? I already tried this with WPS/RST button and plugging in DC but nothing changed.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does this work with both DC and PoE power supply? I already tried this with WPS/RST button and plugging in DC but nothing changed.
yes..make sure you hold it down long enough..

IPCamNoob

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried this on mine with PoE but it did not work. The camera continues to boot loop. I'm waiting on a DC power adapter to come from Amazon so I can try it that way. Just curious, does yours have a manufacture date on the sticker on the back of the camera? Mine says January 9 2015. Just wondering if perhaps there was a bad batch of these or something...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried this on mine with PoE but it did not work. The camera continues to boot loop. I'm waiting on a DC power adapter to come from Amazon so I can try it that way. Just curious, does yours have a manufacture date on the sticker on the back of the camera? Mine says January 9 2015. Just wondering if perhaps there was a bad batch of these or something...
If you are running 5.2.8 you need to downgrade to 5.2.5 there is a thread about this issue..

IPCamNoob

n3wb
Reaction score
Mine is a 5.2.8 camera that came with 5.2.0 firmware, per my reply yesterday. I bought mine from Amazon seller ZONEWAY.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine is a 5.2.8 camera that came with 5.2.0 firmware, per my reply yesterday. I bought mine from Amazon seller ZONEWAY.
Dont waste your time with it..just return it..amazon will credit you..these Chinese sellers need to learn to test the cameras...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, alright. Where's the best place to buy them?
CCTV china has been a reliable seller on aliexpress....
You can also get it from nellys security but it will cost more as they are a US seller, provide warranty and support.