Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I power issue?

Reaction score
I think I know the answer to this but wanted to make sure there wasn't something I haven't tried yet. I have the Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I and I've tested it on a shorter ethernet cable and it works fine. I go to hook it up to the cable I snaked through my walls and it doesn't work.

The cable is good, I tested it and it also works with other models of Hikvision cameras (DS-2CD2032 and DS-2CD2432F), just seems like this camera and the cord don't like each other and I'm guessing it's a length issue since it works with shorter cables?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I think I know the answer to this but wanted to make sure there wasn't something I haven't tried yet. I have the Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I and I've tested it on a shorter ethernet cable and it works fine. I go to hook it up to the cable I snaked through my walls and it doesn't work.

The cable is good, I tested it and it also works with other models of Hikvision cameras (DS-2CD2032 and DS-2CD2432F), just seems like this camera and the cord don't like each other and I'm guessing it's a length issue since it works with shorter cables?
Welcome to the forum! Couple of questions.
1) how long is the cable?
2) What brand is the cable?
3) what are you using for to power the camera? Exact model
4) Have you terminated the ends using 568B/568A as opposed to simply matching the order of the cables?

Reaction score
1) 100ft give or take 5ft.
2) cable matters cat6
3) wifi texas WS-POE-8-48v60w
4) both ends terminated as 568B

Thanks for any help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
1) 100ft give or take 5ft.
2) cable matters cat6
3) wifi texas WS-POE-8-48v60w
4) both ends terminated as 568B

Thanks for any help.
Are you running any other devices on the injector? if yes, disconnect one and see if the camera now gets power.
100f is only 1/3 the max limit..so its not the length...if you have an 802.3af switch or injector I would try that.

Reaction score
how did you check that the cable is wired correctly?
I used a network cable tester to verify and I also tested my other cameras on this cord. That's the most puzzling part to me, it only doesn't work on the one camera I planned on using in this location. The camera does work though if I use a shorter cable. I originally thought the cord was bad, but the fact it works with other cameras kind of eliminates that thought.

Are you running any other devices on the injector? if yes, disconnect one and see if the camera now gets power.
only device on the injector at the moment, still no luck