Hikvision DS-2CD2032F-I 3MP 4MM

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

jordanb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The f does indeed mean that the camera can take a card. Are you looking for a world region/uk model? If so then that one is a Chinese region.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You have to ask the seller to confirm whether you are getting the F or the I model.

As the picture is of a 2032-I, and the description says 2032-I. Also keep in mind the F has a big white cylindrical thing on the cable midway between the camera and the connectors. The I model does not have this.

90 pounds seems a bit expensive unless it is an actual UK model.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Get the DS-2CD2132F-IS if you are getting an SD-Card version (2032F-I Chinese models still have issues due to the hacked firmware). I'd also stick to a UK model if you use an SD card as new firmware updates allow a higher card compatibility and larger cards to be used.

This isn't a UK model, the seller is really misleading. Get it from Aliexpress if you are going to get one.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In that case 90 pounds works out to be about double in aussie dollars, so say 180 plus the 22 for postage so that's over AU$200. Whereas I can get one straight from Ali for about AU$120 I believe. That sounds like better bang for the buck.

It says 2 years warranty. However, that is if they honour their warranty and no try and blame you for a problem. Not sure how much a proper UK model is, may be worth looking at.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In that case 90 pounds works out to be about double in aussie dollars, so say 180 plus the 22 for postage so that's over AU$200. Whereas I can get one straight from Ali for about AU$120 I believe. That sounds like better bang for the buck.

It says 2 years warranty. However, that is if they honour their warranty and no try and blame you for a problem. Not sure how much a proper UK model is, may be worth looking at.
Thanks MM, UK model is £105 I think. That warranty isn't worth anything once the eBay period expires. Get it from Aliexpress or get a UK-sourced UK model are my views.

Still going to recommend people avoid DS-2CD2032F-I for now. I know some people have got it working fine though.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Still going to recommend people avoid DS-2CD2032F-I for now. I know some people have got it working fine though.
What kind of issues? I currently run one of them, However I don't run an SD card in mine.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What kind of issues? I currently run one of them, However I don't run an SD card in mine.
A few people were having problems with 5.2.5 recording to the SD card on them, a few people weren't. The DS-2CD2132F-IS didn't seem to have these issues at all.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ahh interesting. I might have to give mine I go. I also have a 2132F although its the IWS and again don't use the onboard storage haha.

I've never even tried the WiFi that probably doesn't even work haha.

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You have to ask the seller to confirm whether you are getting the F or the I model.

As the picture is of a 2032-I, and the description says 2032-I. Also keep in mind the F has a big white cylindrical thing on the cable midway between the camera and the connectors. The I model does not have this.

90 pounds seems a bit expensive unless it is an actual UK model.
So it appears that the seller has added an extra F just to confuse?

Mind you he is probably confused himself with all these different Hikvision models. Is there a guide as to what letter means what with Hikvision?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Fifth sticky: http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/2873-Hikvision-Product-Comparison

It's Chinese, it's probably the F but the advert is just their old non-F advert with old photos changed. Also, they haven't mentioned you can't update the firmware, I don't like sellers pretending you are getting the UK/International versions and you are not. But that's my preference and I vote with my feet.

So it appears that the seller has added an extra F just to confuse?

Mind you he is probably confused himself with all these different Hikvision models. Is there a guide as to what letter means what with Hikvision?