Hikvision colour vu very grainy

Reaction score
I've purchased the 8mp colour vu turret and an hikvision 7616 nvr. I've only set up one camera so far but it seems blocky and if I'm using a vhs camcorder! Any ideas please? I've a total of 2 cameras and they are both like that. I thought it was my TV resolution as I was using an old monitor so switched to my 4k TV and changed the nvr resolution to the highest resolution and still the same. If you zoom in ul see the picture is very soft.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
First thing is they are not infinity focus so stuff close will be blurry.

Digital zooming will always look soft and blurry. This is not Hollywood.

What bit rate are you running at - should be H264 and min 10,000

Reaction score
First thing is they are not infinity focus so stuff close will be blurry.

Digital zooming will always look soft and blurry. This is not Hollywood.

What bit rate are you running at - should be H264 and min 10,000
I'm not sure on bit rate I will have to check.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've purchased the 8mp colour vu turret and an hikvision 7616 nvr. I've only set up one camera so far but it seems blocky and if I'm using a vhs camcorder! Any ideas please? I've a total of 2 cameras and they are both like that. I thought it was my TV resolution as I was using an old monitor so switched to my 4k TV and changed the nvr resolution to the highest resolution and still the same. If you zoom in ul see the picture is very soft.
Hi @David Andrews

Look at the DORI specs for the camera, and test at the DORI ID distance and 1/2 of that ..

See the DORI notes in the cliff notes as there is an equation there based on 100 ppf which many of us like better ..

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
As above. One obvious observation is the far table with mirror over it is razor sharp. As Wittaj says, this suggests you are inside the cameras minimum focus distance.