Hikvision camera with firmware v5.3.3 on Hikvision NVR

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I bought some new Hikvision 4MP cameras (DS-2CD2042WD-I) with firmware v5.3.3 on them, so I tried to use them with the Hikvision 7104NI-SL/W but they don't show any video. The main screen shows no video on it, even though it's added to the NVR.

I activated the cameras using SADP v2.2.3.6 and changed the default password to Password1, set a static IP on the camera, and try to add it using the static ip I assigned, management port of 8000, username admin and password Password1. When I hit add, the NVR tries to connect to it but after 1 minute, it says disconnected but the NVR can read the camera model # and firmware number. The strange thing is when I use the search button to find cameras with the NVR, it says 0 channels are available.

I can connect to the camera directly via Internet Explorer and I can see the streaming video with the correct credentials.

I have another machine from Hikvision (7608NI-E2/8P), and it works fine with the camera, so I know the camera works but it just won't work with the 7104NI-SL/W. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm out of ideas and I'm afraid that this particular NVR doesn't work with it and I need to get another model. I'm looking to use the cameras to just stream without any recording, so I'm looking for the cheapest NVR that will allow me to stream to a TV/monitor.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you dont need to record simply get an amazon fire tv or and android tv box and stream that way...or even a cheap low power pc runing ivms4200..

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi i also need an nvr that works.

Your 4mp cameras are they chinese with hacked english firmware, or international english. The serial number tells us. If CCH its chinese with english.

What site did you buy the 4mp and store from?

Ive also got to find an nvr that works with international version as well as chinese with english cameras.

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi i also need an nvr that works.

Your 4mp cameras are they chinese with hacked english firmware, or international english. The serial number tells us. If CCH its chinese with english.

What site did you buy the 4mp and store from?

Ive also got to find an nvr that works with international version as well as chinese with english cameras.
From the serial #, it's an OEM one. I bought it from Aliexpress seller that had a hard time getting them in but managed to ship it to me. The serial # is all digits with CAN at the end of it and comes in a white box that looks retail. I'm having issues with it having the white flashing right now, since it comes with v5.3.3 firmware from the factory.

I bought a 7608NI-E2/8P from Nelly, it records and works fine with the 4MP cameras. I'm trying to use the 7104 to stream the cameras ONLY but it doesn't work at 4MP. I have to reduce it down to 2MP and it will detect and show the streams.

I've attached the box of the ones I got.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you solve this problem?
Nah, I ended up disputing with Aliexpress and CC right now. They won't give me an address to ship it back, so I went with CC. I got 10 of these stuck here waiting for a response.

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you can hope that Hikvision release a firmware that fix that machine to see 4 MP cameras. Older NVRs that were sold before 4 MP cameras existed had the same problem until they had new firmware. (not detecting 4 MP stream)

From the serial #, it's an OEM one. I bought it from Aliexpress seller that had a hard time getting them in but managed to ship it to me. The serial # is all digits with CAN at the end of it and comes in a white box that looks retail. I'm having issues with it having the white flashing right now, since it comes with v5.3.3 firmware from the factory.

I bought a 7608NI-E2/8P from Nelly, it records and works fine with the 4MP cameras. I'm trying to use the 7104 to stream the cameras ONLY but it doesn't work at 4MP. I have to reduce it down to 2MP and it will detect and show the streams.

I've attached the box of the ones I got.

domelsnake

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello guys,

Have exactly the same problem here...

My NVR NVR DS-7616NI-E2/8P/A and can not record in 4MP resolution (on the camera only 3 option 4MP/2MP/1MP).

Firmware of NVR V3.0.10 build 141126.

As soon as I change the resolution to 1MP it works fine.

Is there any update available which can fix my issue?

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello guys,

Have exactly the same problem here...

My NVR NVR DS-7616NI-E2/8P/A and can not record in 4MP resolution (on the camera only 3 option 4MP/2MP/1MP).

Firmware of NVR V3.0.10 build 141126.

As soon as I change the resolution to 1MP it works fine.

Is there any update available which can fix my issue?
If your cameras are genuine ML ones then just upgrade your nvr to one of the later builds that supports 4mp

That should solve your issue

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello reeves,

What does ML mean here?
ML means multi language

If they are genuine European or US cams they will be ML
If they are Chinese they will be CN

You can tell by looking at the serial number of the cams if they have CCCH in the serial they are Chinese origin
And thus if you upgrade the nvr to 3.3.2 or 3.3.4 you will get a mismatch on the nvr for the cameras

If they are all the same region cams and nvr then it shouldn't be a problem

domelsnake

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello again,

In the serial number of both cameras I have "BBWR"

Is that mean the camera is genuine European or US cam?

I have upgraded the firmware to v3.3.4 and everything works very well.

All the cameras Online with Main Stream of 4MP.

Thanks for your help guys!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

FastCamMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello again,

Yes. BBWR means it is a genuine English Version otherwise known as "Western Region" Camera.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello again,

I have upgraded the firmware to v3.3.4 and everything works very well.

All the cameras Online with Main Stream of 4MP.

Thanks for your help guys!!!
Glad to be of help!

Little things like this are easy when you know how or know the answer

But until you ask you never know.

I generally don't know a lot about this sort of thing it's just from researching the nvr firmware and its security that I've picked bits and Bob's up