Hikvision 6 camera system Please Help

Spb1029

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi recently installed hikvision

DS-2CD2043G0-I 4MP Outdoor Network Bullet Camera
I am having 2 issues. One camera is saying port short circuits. Is this an issue with the camera or the cat 6 cable. The other issue I am having is my home doesn’t have a lot of space on each side. How far off the siding do the cameras need to point for the ir nightvision not to bounce off the siding. Right now I turned off the ir but I really would prefer to use it as it much clearer at night. I don’t want to point the cameras at the neighbors house so the night vision would work obviously.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi recently installed hikvision

DS-2CD2043G0-I 4MP Outdoor Network Bullet Camera
I am having 2 issues. One camera is saying port short circuits. Is this an issue with the camera or the cat 6 cable. The other issue I am having is my home doesn’t have a lot of space on each side. How far off the siding do the cameras need to point for the ir nightvision not to bounce off the siding. Right now I turned off the ir but I really would prefer to use it as it much clearer at night. I don’t want to point the cameras at the neighbors house so the night vision would work obviously.

Chances are it's a bad cable. Try placing that camera in another area and plug it in and see if it will work in the new location. If it works then you know it is the cable, if it doesn't then the camera may have an issue. You will just have to adjust the camera away from the siding until there is no more reflection. Or add some lighting in that area and run the camera in color day and night. Good luck.

Spb1029

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Appreciate the info. I have found it’s the camera and have sent it back for replacement. Do you think installing the cameras with a junction box will bring it away from the siding enough ?

Spb1029

n3wb
Reaction score
Turn the picture to corridor mode, if you haven't yet.
Thank you. I have tried but can’t seem to figure out how to do that. Is that an option available in all hikvision nvr’s. The nvr I have is DS-7608NI-I2/8P P Series 8-Channel 12MP NVR

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you. I have tried but can’t seem to figure out how to do that. Is that an option available in all hikvision nvr’s. The nvr I have is DS-7608NI-I2/8P P Series 8-Channel 12MP NVR
You need to do that setup directly in the cameras webgui.