Hikvision 4-series heated cameras for cold climate

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had experience with any of the 4 series hikvision cameras, specifically those with heated sensors for cold climates?

You see, I live in Wisconsin and the temps hit -20F here at least a couple days in the winter, not to mention the windchill has been down to -40F for short periods. As I don't want to damage the cameras or have any downtime, I believe I should go with the heated versions which appears to only be available in the 4 series.

http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/products_164.html

Anyone have experience with these cameras? If not, have you experienced any issues with your outdoor cams in really cold temps?

Having them heated allows the temps to drop to -40F from the standard -22F according to the spec sheets.

Thanks for any insights. Also if you have a cheap place where I can source the 4 series, that would be great to know as well.

Reaction score
Surely someone has a cabin up north somewhere with security cams...

Any issues in winter?

Zorac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i just have the standard 2032 outside and there has been no issue with cold. they typically see atleast a week of -30C each winter (although we mainly sit around -10C to -20C) and have been up for two winters.

Reaction score
i just have the standard 2032 outside and there has been no issue with cold. they typically see atleast a week of -30C each winter (although we mainly sit around -10C to -20C) and have been up for two winters.
Thanks for the reply Zorac. Is that -30C (-22F) with or without the windchill?

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My 2332 and ESC IPC-1 V2 been through two Colorado winters at ~8500' elevation. Nighttime temperatures at or below -20F are not uncommon. No problems so far.