Hikvision 2MP IMX385 Box Camera Teardown And Review

ipcamuser11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Got this one from used market, model number is iDS-NXCN4A204I, Hikvision's Chinese domestic model.

SoC is Hisilicon Hi3519V101, Hikivsion use this SoC in all their H3 platform camera, mainly high-end with AI features like face recognition, Smart events and LPR. The chip is re-labeled as HK2017-3, Hikvision do this to all the SoCs they bought from other companies, but they never produce any chip themselves.

CMOS is Sony IMX385, 1/1.8" 2MP with 3.85*3.85um pixel size, which is one of the largest among the security CMOS sensors, picture in low light should be good. Max resolution is 1080p @30 FPS. shutter speed can be as slow as 1 second

This picture is taken by my iPhone 12 Pro in auto mode, the room has no window, door is closed, totally dark, almost nothing visible with human eyes, the only light source is the power status led of my Sylonody NAS(the blue light from the above ) and network switch
iphone.jpg

This is the snapshot of this Hikvision camera, shutter speed is set to 1/50s, Gain is set to 100%

snapshot.jpg

Following is picture with shutter speed set to 1 second, amazing , but 1 second shutter is useless in real life

snapshot2.jpg

The house is made by aluminum alloy, lens is 3.8-16mm F1.4 CS mount. DC12V, AC24V and PoE power supply, 1000M wired ethernet, 1GB RAM and 128MB NAND

front.jpg
rear.jpg
cmos.jpg
board3.jpg
board2.jpg
board1.jpg

Last edited: