Hik NVR schedule setup--where's the "run schedule" button?

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The more I dig the more confused I get about schedule setup on my Hik NVR.

I set up a Motion Record schedule 24/7... no sweat. You can see that Enable is checked.
schedule.PNG

When I wave at the camera, the NVR shows a red dot/running man and records a video clip that I can view in MENU>PLAYBACK>EVENT.

But when I look at the camera status in MENU>MANUAL>RECORD, it shows that the camera is NOT running on the schedule.

off.PNG

I thought maybe these indicators only turned green when the camera was actually recording, but I watched them while triggering the camera and they did not change.

If I set the schedule to Continuous 24/7, the indicators above do turn green, and Live View gets the red dot.

How do I tell the NVR to run the 24/7 motion detection schedule? It seems to be functioning, but... the indicators don't say the schedule is running, and that makes me nervous that I have missed a step.

The answer may be as simple as "don't worry about it." Is it?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Should be green but you are mixing Web-GUI and NVR-GUI.

Set everything up on the NVR-GUI and then see what happens. That is a weird interface though, what NVR and firmware are you running?

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
True, I did get screen shots from both places... I was also experimenting with seeing what happened when you switched from Continuous to Motion and it's easier to build the schedule on web. But you're right, let's compare apples to apples.

I just went back to the NVR and rebuilt schedules from scratch. (This is the new 4k NVR, btw. I only have 1 camera on it currently.)

In MENU>RECORD>SCHEDULE, build a 24/7 Continuous schedule:

CONT.PNG

Then go to MENU>MANUAL>RECORD where the NVR shows you the schedule/manual/off status for each camera. You will see that the camera has a green ON indicating it is recording on a schedule. There's a master ON too, also green.

ON.PNG

Now go to MENU>RECORD>SCHEDULE and change the schedule to 24/7 Motion recording. (I was careful to Apply all changes before exiting!)

motion.PNG

Check camera status in MENU>MANUAL>RECORD and you will see the cameras show as OFF.

off.PNG

That doesn't make sense to me. Seems like the Motion schedule should still make that other indicator show that scheduling is active. But that is not the case. And it makes me wonder what will happen when the disk fills up--will Overwrite kick in? Is the schedule really working, just with a faulty indicator?

I then set up another experiment: the NVR was on Continuous schedule but it changed to Motion at 16:50. Before the switch, I went to MENU>MANUAL>RECORD to check status. Everything is green... 16:50 came and went... and the indicators stayed green. I wanted to see if it switched to red while I was watching. I exited that screen and re-entered it, and the camera was OFF in red again.

Bottom line: not sure if the schedule indicator in MENU>MANUAL>RECORD is faulty, or the scheduling system is faulty, or if I am misunderstanding a feature.

steve457

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the same NVR and can see what you are saying regarding the indicators, but believe you are misunderstanding the feature. You are looking at the indicators under MENU->MANUAL->RECORD, which to me is just a state of the cameras at the time you went to that page. I have 3 cameras attached to my system so far, and have gone into that page while someone was walking in front of the camera and the camera showed a green ON, while others showed OFF. The functionality of that page is simply to enable MANUAL RECORDING as the menu states, and is not a place to check what the overall schedule is set to. The fact that everything is turned ON if you are continuously recording makes complete sense, since the cameras are recording similar to how a schedule set to motion only would show ON if it was in fact recording due to a motion trigger. The fact that the page does not dynamically update based on camera status may be a bit confusing, but not really once you understand the purpose of the page is to trigger manual recordings.

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 3 cameras attached to my system so far, and have gone into that page while someone was walking in front of the camera and the camera showed a green ON, while others showed OFF.
That's great to hear, I thought about trying that later on. I wish the indicators worked differently, but now I know how the machine is thinking. Thanks for posting that.