Hik connect notification only on 1 cam

aussiehik

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all,

Newbie to hikvision gear so please be gentle haha.

Did a lot of reading regarding sensor sizes and what not and am happy with the results out of the box so far (just need to research into dialling in the settings and then using said settings for day/night modes).

So I have a HIK-2CD2386G2-IU accusense out the back and a HIK-2CD2367G2H-LISU/SL colorvu hybrid out the front (still need to install the second one).

I have disabled the motion detection under normal events in both NVR and through the IP cam connections. I am using the exact same settings for both cameras in the intrusion detection options (setup via IP cam login) however my phone will only get notifications for the colorvu cam. The accusense cam notifications for a triggered event do however show up on the DVR when accessing it via tv/HDMI.

I have reset the settings and played around yet can't find why one is working and not the other.

My other issue with the same accusense cam is that when it starts to darken off a bit the shutter sometimes shuts and sets off the video tampering alarm (I just need to adjust the sensitivity of this hopefully) yet the day night switch is not on auto but a schedule. Not sure if it actuating the shutter for a friend second or so is normal or not.

Look forward to you bunch sharing some knowledge to help sort my issue!

Cheers,
George

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Only thing that comes to mind is that NVR is falsely syncing empty checkbox for notify surveillance center to camera.

Could you share nvr model as well check if notify surveillance is checked under that channel for that event on NVR.

Sometimes NVR and cameras cant get along. So you need to play with it. For example turn on Notify on NVR for that channel, and then go to camera and add rules. I know its stupid but i had same problems.

aussiehik

n3wb
Reaction score
Only thing that comes to mind is that NVR is falsely syncing empty checkbox for notify surveillance center to camera.

Could you share nvr model as well check if notify surveillance is checked under that channel for that event on NVR.

Sometimes NVR and cameras cant get along. So you need to play with it. For example turn on Notify on NVR for that channel, and then go to camera and add rules. I know its stupid but i had same problems.
Hey mate,

I'm running the current model 7604NI-I1 with NVR 4.0.

I did initially uncheck everything on the NVR settings for events, and have seen that it re-checks the same boxes that I have checked in each camera. I found this out when trying to set the intrusion zone settings and couldn't get the VCA/intrusion lines to show up on the live footage.

However I'm pretty sure on the NVR there is no smart event selection (at least on the tv login there isn't, I would need to recheck if there is on the web IP login for the NVR.

100% getting the trigger notifications to NVR for the issue cam.

I also am not getting any emails, but I believe that's because I haven't properly setup the email host settings, I thought the unit just did it automatically to the registered account email.

I'm planning to setup a proper P2P as currently I cannot add devices to the web portal Hik Connect, it says it cannot add the device when inputting the serial number. That however may be a router issue where I work as I only have wifi at work, no cellular.

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well, for start I'd update the nvr and camera firmware if its not the latest and see if there's any differences. That's something that can be done within 5 min