Higher amperage power supply for ip camera

Nandos

n3wb
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Hi guys o/ I've a serious question to ask and i don't know how to do sincerely.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Considering i've 7 cameras with 1000 mA and 12v as default amperage and voltage, but i've only one power supply with that specifications, and the others are 1500 mA 12v and 2000 mA 12v. If i use to power the cameras the higher amperage ones, am i going to break them or they will work even if the amperage is different(higher)?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Let me know![/FONT]

CapeData

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
A device (in your application, a camera) will only draw enough current (amperage) from its power source as it requires. A power supply that is capable of providing additional current will not harm the device.

Nandos

n3wb
Reaction score
A device (in your application, a camera) will only draw enough current (amperage) from its power source as it requires. A power supply that is capable of providing additional current will not harm the device.
Thank you, it worked. I tried a 1500 mA 12v power supply on a 700mA 12v camera and it worked well. Do you know if on the long period using an higher amperage can result in an hardware failure? I want to be sure on that. Thank you in advance.

CapeData

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
There should be no problems with long time use of the higher capacity power supply.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk