High Mp camera on blue Iris

Joey117

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi as anyone tried a High megapixel cameras ( 16mp+ ) on the blue Blue Iris ? and if so what was the outcome and dues it work well a friend of mine is trying to sell me a Sony SNC-VM772R on the cheap .

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As long as you use the substreams option it should be fine. Obviously you need to have a capable computer and the camera has to be able to be seen in BI.

I would suggest you ask him to allow you to test it first.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi as anyone tried a High megapixel cameras ( 16mp+ ) on the blue Blue Iris ? and if so what was the outcome and dues it work well a friend of mine is trying to sell me a Sony SNC-VM772R on the cheap .
a 16mp camera would have the same affect as 2 8mp cameras.

Joey117

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am always on the lookout for high megapixel cameras , just never know if they are worth to i try them.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just remember the MP/sensor ratio is more important than just MP.

Joey117

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok thanks , what would be a good camera to look at verbally 8 megapixels or above?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

aadje93

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Hows does thise one compare to the Hik colorvu 8mp 1/1.2? F1. I have alot of them, but they were my first purchase so no comparison, only going on the 8mp 1/1,2" sensor size + colorvu in turret form = match found :)

They do have pretty good night shots if they get some light, but the only downfall i can see is no manual gain control like dahua's can.... Sometimes you just want the image to be pretty dark to do some HLC yourself instead of letting the camera do frame combining for HLC

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There have been more people coming here complaining about the quality of the colorvu than the 4K/X.

Maybe the 4K/X is better or maybe the people that bought the colorvu was expecting it to defy physics and actually be useful in pitch black.

aadje93

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
is the Dahua 4k/x also in turret form? And what would be the dahua model number, as its business expense for me, its easier to just buy from a local Dahua dealer and get a local invoice with taxes etc.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The 4K/X unfortunately is only available in bullet form.

aadje93

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Aah, thats a bummer :( I realy like the hybrid idea of the turrent, smaller and less easy to "vandals" as a bullet (just smack it with a stick and it will move away) but also no sun glare on the protective shell outdoors. The salesperson here in my country told that Hik was better quality nowadays, but now i start reading alot and that dahua model realy seems to be better then the hik 8mp 1/1.2" colorvu :(