Hi from Canada!

Metallo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I have decided to take a dive in the surveillance cameras world for home security, I am sure that in this community, I will find the knowledge and expertise I need. :)

Thank you!
Alex

ctm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Welcome. Be willing to pay for quality.
Before I came to the forum, I started off my setup with amcrest (and a few offbrand) cameras, they were $30-100 per camera and did an ok job. It was "impressive" in still images, but the detail (due to wide field of view and mediocre sensors) was in sufficient. Recently I have been adding some of Andy's (dahuas) a t5442 6mm, 2 5442-z4e and a 5241e-z12e), especially where I need to cover some distance. The picture quality (day and night) with narrower field of view have been worth the extra expense.
You don't need the most expensive camera (usually), but don't buy the cheapest, unless you want cheap results.

Redbone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I have decided to take a dive in the surveillance cameras world for home security, I am sure that in this community, I will find the knowledge and expertise I need. :)

Thank you!
Alex
Hello from Mississauga and welcome to what I've learned to be the best online site for camera security and related systems.